Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

im so lost in the kitchen

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

i just recently moved out of my moms house and in with my boyfriend and i dont really have much cooking experience. i want to be able to have a nice hot meal ready for him when he gets home other than just stuff out of a box. whats some simple ideas to help me out?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Today at 8:35 AM
by Tracy on May. 2, 2012 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Check out recipes books at library...allrecipes.com
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovesFredric
by Amanda on May. 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I hear ya!! I do lots of google searches - especially for easy/healthy/inexpensive things.

I think make your own burrito/taco nights are fun. All you have to do is get the ingredients ready & everyone can make them as they like them! 

Stir fry is another easy dinner. You can use fresh or frozen veggies, chop up a thawed chicken breast or two, toss it all in a big pan with some oil or your fav terriyaki or whatever flavor sauce, serve over noodles or rice.

Lasagna - I always use the recipe off the side of the noodle box, and you can serve with a salad & bread.

Good luck!!

proudmommy690
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM
:/ im no help at all lol i cant cook
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Danelle on May. 2, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Pork loin is easy if you get the already seasoned ones. You just pu it on a pan and cook it for as long as it says then check the temp. Burritos are easy to make, so are hamburgers pattys

thehickinhickor
by Jessie on May. 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM

i always just looked up something i wanted to try and make and tried it 

momamanda
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM

allrecipes.com is a great website because you can look up a recipe then read reviews on the recipe to know if it is good or not.  I have been married for 11 year and my cooking has finally gotten GOOD in the last couple years! haha I like to be creative though. Some of my creations are good and some are not..... just find a recipe and have fun with it. if at first it doesn't turn out good try again.

livewell
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:03 AM

My best advise is to READ COOKBOOKS...go to the library and take out some really nice books with awesome pictues...get to know the kitchen :)

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on May. 3, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I am terrible at cooking. Thankfully my husband is awesome and does all the cooking. Good Luck.

godsgirl26
by ♥ Charmaine ♥ on May. 3, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Quoting proudmommy690:

:/ im no help at all lol i cant cook

powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on May. 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM

check out betty crocker or http://www.ehow.com/  GL hun.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement