Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Graduation Party

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM
  • 19 Replies

I will be throwing my son and his friends a preschool graduation party in June. I am in need of some side dish ideas. Some of the mom's are bringing food which is super helpful but I am lost with what we should make  lol.

So please share your best side dish ideas!!!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
flutter523
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Fruit kabobs, animal crackers, pretzels
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:29 PM
hmmm good question lol.. yay on preschool graduation though :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Jessie on May. 4, 2012 at 2:31 AM
Oh i know some cute ones I'll have to post them tomorrow tho ! It's on my computer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on May. 4, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I've seen fruit cut into shapes with cookie cutters, like watermelon, canteloupe, honeydew and pineapple.  When my son was in kindegarten we made fish platters, blue icing for the water, pretzel fish, and stick them onto the plate with peanut butter (or other if allergic), the kids loved it.  I've also seen it done in bags, I'll see if I can find it.

LovesFredric
by Amanda on May. 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM

fruit kabobs

othermom
by Danelle on May. 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM

fruit, chips, pretzels, little things like that

livewell
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Have you thought of letting them make their own Pita Pizzas? You don't have to worry about picky eaters because you have a large variety of toppings (and be creative - you don't have to stick to the traditional, make sure you have broccoli and cauliflower, pineapple and zucchini...and have dips too!) and you can have cheese and tomato sauce for the one kid who won't eat ANYTHING without having to suffer the "blands" yourself LOL

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on May. 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I love the fruit kabob idea! Thanks!

Quoting flutter523:

Fruit kabobs, animal crackers, pretzels

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on May. 4, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Oh thank you!!!!!

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Oh i know some cute ones I'll have to post them tomorrow tho ! It's on my computer

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on May. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds so cute!! I am going to do fruit shapes, I know the kids will love them.

Quoting emilyrosenj:

I've seen fruit cut into shapes with cookie cutters, like watermelon, canteloupe, honeydew and pineapple.  When my son was in kindegarten we made fish platters, blue icing for the water, pretzel fish, and stick them onto the plate with peanut butter (or other if allergic), the kids loved it.  I've also seen it done in bags, I'll see if I can find it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN