Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

I will be throwing my son and his friends a preschool graduation party in June. I am in need of some side dish ideas. Some of the mom's are bringing food which is super helpful but I am lost with what we should make  lol.

So please share your best side dish ideas!!!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Replies (11-19):
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on May. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

That is a great idea! Thank you.

Quoting livewell:

Have you thought of letting them make their own Pita Pizzas? You don't have to worry about picky eaters because you have a large variety of toppings (and be creative - you don't have to stick to the traditional, make sure you have broccoli and cauliflower, pineapple and zucchini...and have dips too!) and you can have cheese and tomato sauce for the one kid who won't eat ANYTHING without having to suffer the "blands" yourself LOL

eustacejessica
by Jess on May. 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM

fruit, little sandwiches, cupcakes, chips, veggies

livewell
by Member on May. 4, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Thanks - the best part is that they are usually busy and happy for a good chunk of time LOL

Quoting charlene_kyle:

That is a great idea! Thank you.

Quoting livewell:

Have you thought of letting them make their own Pita Pizzas? You don't have to worry about picky eaters because you have a large variety of toppings (and be creative - you don't have to stick to the traditional, make sure you have broccoli and cauliflower, pineapple and zucchini...and have dips too!) and you can have cheese and tomato sauce for the one kid who won't eat ANYTHING without having to suffer the "blands" yourself LOL

MissyB1011
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM

What about some veggies and dip? My DD's class loves them. They pick those over sweets sometimes.

MissyB1011
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:43 PM

What about sugar cookies that they can decorate themselves with frosting and various sprinkles or cupcakes they can decorate?

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on May. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Great idea. I am having my daughter a cupcake birthday party this year and allowing the kids to decorate their own cupcakes =)

Quoting MissyB1011:

What about sugar cookies that they can decorate themselves with frosting and various sprinkles or cupcakes they can decorate?

LovesFredric
by Amanda on May. 4, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Love the kid DIY ideas!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Jessie on May. 5, 2012 at 12:15 AM

i cannot find them :( 

Quoting charlene_kyle:

Oh thank you!!!!!

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Oh i know some cute ones I'll have to post them tomorrow tho ! It's on my computer

i
know my grammar is poor and so is my spelling and sometimes my wording
is odd please understand i have severe dyslexia i do run spell check but
it dose not always fine all my mess up when i misuse a word pointing
out my  mess ups is fine with me and i will be more then happy to fix
them however rude comments will not get them fix thank you for
understand:)

MissyB1011
by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:01 PM

You could even use a cookie cutter in the shape of a graduation cap.

Quoting charlene_kyle:

Great idea. I am having my daughter a cupcake birthday party this year and allowing the kids to decorate their own cupcakes =)

Quoting MissyB1011:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement