Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Weird foods your kids LOVE

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM
  • 23 Replies

My stepson is a GREAT eater. He's willing to try new things, doesn't shy away from healthy stuff, and will even come back and try new spins on foods he didn't like before. But. BUT I also find some of his dining habits hilariously odd. As a picky eater myself, I both envy his bravery and am completely baffled by it. Some of his favorites:

1. pickles in plain yogurt (?????)

2. sushi (what 6 yr old likes this????)

3. potato salad wrapped in a pita roll (courtesy of his dad packing a hasty lunch one day, and now I need to find a way to incorporate this at least once a week without giving the child food poisoning because his lunchbox isn't refrigerated during the day)

3. broccoli (nuff said)

4. eggplant

5. buckwheat

6. almond milk (both my kids think this is the equivalent of a milk shake, which is fine by me)

7. dark chocolate (like the rich, bitter kind stodgy chocolate aficiandos appreciate and no one else)

8. super duper overripe bananas (which I find gross and am pretty sure don't contain as many nutrients, as it's essentially a rotting piece of fruit, but I also understand that these taste sweeter and creamier than ripe bananas)

9. tofu hot dogs

What odd things are your kids happily willing to eat?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Danelle on May. 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM

My older two don't really have any weird things they like to eat. Although they do like pickled asparagus, will eat really ripe bananas, and my son loves spinach. My youngest loves to eat the fire sauce out of packets at taco bell and pretty much any other hot sauce or salsa.

thehickinhickor
by Jessie on May. 15, 2012 at 9:14 AM
She like peanut butter that is wired too me lol she loves everything i hate so most of the things she eat are weird to me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM
ya know....i never really tried them with "weird" stuff lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM
liking peanut butter is weird? lol my kids LOVE it...so do i! and im gonna get baby liking it when shes old enough...heheeh.

Quoting thehickinhickor:

She like peanut butter that is wired too me lol she loves everything i hate so most of the things she eat are weird to me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Jessie on May. 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Like i said i hate it so it's odd to me that she dose lol

Quoting proudmommy690:

liking peanut butter is weird? lol my kids LOVE it...so do i! and im gonna get baby liking it when shes old enough...heheeh.

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM
lol. what else do you hate? (see what we have in common...im a picky picky eater lol)

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Quoting proudmommy690:

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:58 PM
bump

thehickinhickor
by Jessie on May. 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM
Pan cakes,cakes ,cupcakes, chocolate milk, strawberry milk(can't have that tho makes her sick she loves it tho lol) shrim, smoked oysters(she loves loves those, kalamari (spelling lol) i think that's it lol

Quoting proudmommy690:

lol. what else do you hate? (see what we have in common...im a picky picky eater lol)

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Quoting proudmommy690:

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM
i agree with the oysters and kalamari lol. but im soooo picky i dont eat veggies at all :/

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Pan cakes,cakes ,cupcakes, chocolate milk, strawberry milk(can't have that tho makes her sick she loves it tho lol) shrim, smoked oysters(she loves loves those, kalamari (spelling lol) i think that's it lol

Quoting proudmommy690:

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Quoting proudmommy690:

Quoting thehickinhickor:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snuggiewoogie
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I can't think of any at the momment. I will have to come back to this :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement