Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

We have a problem with ants and I swear sometimes that my husband completely forgets about it. He keeps leaving food sitting out on the counter or food left on a plate. Last night he left an open bag of chips sitting on the top of the stove wich is one of the places the ants are bad. Thankfully none of the ants got in the chips although they were a bunch on the stove. I need to get something better to kill them. I need to clear everything off the counters and spray the ant killer.

by on May. 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Replies (11-16):
othermom
by Danelle on May. 18, 2012 at 9:10 PM

He did it again today with a late with part of his lunch on it. Luckly I caught it before we left

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on May. 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM
This is what I was going to suggest.

Quoting flutter523:

I have the tiny ones and I know what you mean about leaving food out. SO isn't too bad but he always forgets. I've mixed powered sugar with borax and put it in a few spots and it helped for a little while. Hardest part was not killing them on site so they brought it back to the nest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cher53
by on May. 20, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Don't spray get the ant traps and then for your stove get grease ant traps, spraying isn't healthy for anyone.

eustacejessica
by Jess on May. 21, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I treat my home with Ortho Home Defense. You can use it inside and outside. I got it at walmart for about $15.

othermom
by Danelle on May. 21, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Quoting eustacejessica:

I treat my home with Ortho Home Defense. You can use it inside and outside. I got it at walmart for about $15.

That is what we had a few years ago and it wrked good, but it is to old now. My husband got something diffrent and it isn't working to good. I need to pull out the stove and spray behind there too to try to get rid of them. I am so tired of the ants.

eustacejessica
by Jess on May. 21, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I just got done spraying the outside of my house to get rid of spiders and a few ant hills. I hope it works good, this is the first time I've used it. I use to buy the Raid Bug Barrier but it sucked.

Quoting othermom:

Quoting eustacejessica:

That is what we had a few years ago and it wrked good, but it is to old now. My husband got something diffrent and it isn't working to good. I need to pull out the stove and spray behind there too to try to get rid of them. I am so tired of the ants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement