Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Keeping Clean – Spic and Span Refrigerator

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you know that you can line your crisper drawers with tin foil to keep foods fresher and your refrigerator sparkling clean? It's one of the quickest tips for a clean and tidy kitchen.

As always, start with a clean surface. Measure out a piece of tin foil to fit your drawers. Place tin foil to line entire bottom of each drawer.  Replace every week for maximum cleanliness.

You'll have a clean fridge and your veggies will stay super crisp as the aluminum foil adds to the cool environment of your crisper.

Moms, how else do you use tin foil for keeping things clean in your kitchen?  

by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
snuggiewoogie
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Neat ;)

powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM

no but but maybe i should look into start cleaning with tin foil!

clarabear
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I use water and vinegar for just about all of my cleaning: windows, bathroom tub and sink, dishwasher, microwave, coffee pot, stain remover for laundry (some other ingredients included), and much more.

Quoting othermom:

Good info. I use viniger and water to clean the fridge

thehickinhickor
by Jessie on Jun. 4, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I line mine but not with foil did not know it would do that ! thanks going to do that tomorrow !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1_hawt_mami
by Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:40 AM
I am doing this tomorrow !:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Selene1015
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Good idea
Selene1015
by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Good idea
RaineCreationz
by on Jun. 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Thanks for the great tip, I did not know that!

idtwinboys
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Oh great tip and I have a box of foil sheets that will work perfectly for this idea.

eustacejessica
by Jess on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I line all of my shelves and drawers with press-n-seal saran wrap. If there is a spill I can just pull it off and replace. I put new lining in once a month if it doesn't get replaced before hand. I didn't know that about the foil. My drawers are now going to be lined with that! Thanks for sharing!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement