Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Summer Grilling Challenge Day 3: Get Your Yard Ready

Posted by   + Show Post

Grilling isn't just about the grill! You want to be able to enjoy eating outside as well.

Take time today to do a little backyard cleaning. Here are a few things you can do that will make a big difference:

• Wipe down chairs and tables with a damp cloth.
  • Mow the lawn and trim weeds.
  • Remove branches and leaves.
  • Sweep off your deck.
  • Pick up toys laying around.

What do you need to do to get your yard ready for summer?

sweeping

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it is! And don't forget to sign up for daily reminders here.

by on Jun. 6, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I was just talking to hubby about spraying down our outside chairs and finishing weed eating the fire pit!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donnab6395
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Actually the yard is ready. My husband does lawn work as a second job so it's always ready. 

waitingforbaby5
by Shayla on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Today I made chervettas chicken and tomorrow burgers.

Quoting Cafe Kate:

Grilling isn't just about the grill! You want to be able to enjoy eating outside as well.

Take time today to do a little backyard cleaning. Here are a few things you can do that will make a big difference:

• Wipe down chairs and tables with a damp cloth.
  • Mow the lawn and trim weeds.
  • Remove branches and leaves.
  • Sweep off your deck.
  • Pick up toys laying around.

What do you need to do to get your yard ready for summer?

sweeping

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it is! And don't forget to sign up for daily reminders here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Artistachica
by Triva on Jun. 7, 2012 at 3:08 AM

finish growing grass

MadamSnowgal
by New Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 3:23 AM

We have a huge front porch with steps down to the driveway. On the NE side of the drive we have 2 smokers and a grill cabinet all clean and ready for the weekends. On our front porch we have 2 tables, one for holding dishes of food and the other for sitting around talking and eating, just enjoying the outdoors. I like to drink my morning coffee out there.

We just finished placing 5 cinder blocks (holes side up) down each side of the drive and planted little Moss Roses in them and then placed 5 solar lights down each side and one in the last block so we can tell where to stop. Of couse we grill or smoke year round even in the snow and rain :O))

Trish

Godspitgrl
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Wack the weeds
Momforhealth
by on Jun. 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM

The only thing I need is something to kill this vine that grows on the fence in the neighbors yard.  

kathislove80
by Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
We rent. We don't eat outside either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I need to figure out how to grow some grass out here in el paso tx last summer was hours every day of work and big fat fail. ITS JUST GRASS!!!

GirlWithANikon
by Member on Jun. 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I also think DH should buy me a patio set

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement