Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Grill Packets - Fajita Fixings

Posted by   + Show Post

Fajitas are one of my favorite go to meals. It might sound like an involved recipe but really it's easy. And now that it's summertime, the recipe gets even easier with the use of the grill.

Simply barbeque your chicken, steak or shrimp on the grill. If you are cooking for a crowd, go ahead and cook all three. And what about all those delicious veggies? Just chop and toss with olive oil and fajita seasonings. I use red onion, green bell peppers and red bell peppers. Sometime I also throw in a whole Serrano chili for flavor. Create a tinfoil pouch to cook it in and place it directly on the grill away from direct heat. Once your meat is done, your veggies will be too.

Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, rice, beans and tortillas. I like to go with corn, but that's just me.

Moms, what veggies would you include in this fajita recipe?

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I like the zucchini!

ceciliam
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Peppers & onions.

Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Peppers and onions
mamivon2
by on Jun. 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Onions and lots of it

Willow.wind
by Member on Jun. 12, 2012 at 12:06 PM
Recipes sound great... But my kids will not eat onions, peppers or anything spicy. Do your kids eat these fajitas? My kids are great eaters & eat all types of veggies.
Dereksmom1018
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:02 AM

don't forget the guacamole! mmmmm

eustacejessica
by Jess on Jul. 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM

bell peppers and onions..yummm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN