Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Summer Grilling Challenge Day 8: Try a New Technique!

Posted by   + Show Post

How diverse are your grilling skills? Do you just throw everything on and come back 20 min later? Do you try out different ways of cooking chicken, beef, and pork? Try these tips to mix up your meals:

• Leave the skin on chicken: Yes, it adds fat and calories, but it also adds flavor, helps to seal in the juices, and is great for stuffing with herbs and spices -- not to mention it gets crispy and delicious on the grill, so enjoy it once in awhile!
  • Cook it on the bone: Chicken pieces -- or a whole chicken, butterflied -- with bones will grill up juicier than those without bones.
  • Preheat for Pork: Preheat your grill before placing the meat to seal in the pork's juices and be sure to keep it 3 - 6 inches from the flame while it continues cooking.
  • Stuffed Burgers: Go a little crazy and add a surprise in the middle of your burgers. Start off with just onions and cheese or get wild with these five recipes from foodrepublic.com. Not quite sure how to stuff a burger? Check out this easy how-to guide to get started.

What do you grill the most often? What's your favorite way to mix up your family's meals?

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it is! And don't forget to sign up for daily reminders here.

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Replies (31-40):
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM

We love keeping the skin on chicken!

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I love to grill steak, and potatos, or burgers. We always leave the skin on the chicken.

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:18 AM

so do we

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

We love keeping the skin on chicken!

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:21 AM

yeah, I am slightly intimidated by this LOL.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Stuffed burgers, interesting!

Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM
We grill a lot of chicken, burgers and hot dogs.
Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Quoting elasmimi:

My local market has blue cheese stuffed burgers that are awesome!

That sounds yummy!
Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:26 AM

yes I love garlic flavor for my beef!

Quoting mommacatof3:

I grill chicken and beef most often and occasionally veggies. I will have to try the stuffed burgers they look good. I mix up my meals by adding different flavors like garlic for an italian twist to a burger and provolone cheese.

Mrs.Pool2Be
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM

We grill pork chops, chicken, hot dogs or hamburgers.  I think that's the extent of our grilling.

amy7243
by Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:10 PM

We have done stuffed burgers...mmm!!!

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:14 PM

If you do stuffed burgers, warn your guest that the cheese could be very hot! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN