Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Yay! my drawer is fixed

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:01 AM
  • 5 Replies

My husband finally got my drawer fixed yesterday. He had bought new tracks for the inside to replace the broken ones, he bougt them for all three drawers. Well he didn't bother to messure them before he bought them and got ones that are to short. So instead of replacing them he ended up repairing the broken one on the bottom drawer and reattatching it. While working on it he realized just how bad of shape that the cabinets and drawers are in. So now we are going to save up and replace the cabinets. It needs to be done really bad.

What worrys me with that is that my husband is more than capable of getting the wood and framing and putting together the cabinets. He did stuff like that for a while at a job he used to work and he did great at it. My dad and my uncle have all he tools we would need to do it and my dad would be able to help out with any thing my husband couldn't do. My husband is just so lazy about projects and I am worried he would get half way done and then get side tracked. I hope when he does this project it goes quickly and it doesn't take to long. I know it will be a pain having the ktchen torn up, but would be nice when it is done. It wouldn't be till next year sometime till we do it.

by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Glad your drawer is fixed.  I currently have three missing that my hubby is "fixing"!!

othermom
by Danelle on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Glad your drawer is fixed.  I currently have three missing that my hubby is "fixing"!!

That would be frustrating

snuggiewoogie
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hooray!

ethans_momma06
by on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Here's hoping you're able to get the cabinets done quickly!

eustacejessica
by Jess on Jun. 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Glad it got fixed! My step-father and his father re-did our kitchen in 1999 and when we sold the house back in 05 it still wasn't completly finished. I can understand your frustration if he gets side tracked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN