Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Summer Grilling Challenge Day 13: Make a Recipe Book

Posted by   + Show Post

It's easy to get stuck making the same thing over and over. Take the time to write down (or type up) your favorite marinades, rubs, and recipes. Add in a few recipes you want to try but haven't had time. It'll make it easy to locate them next time you bust out the grill.

Where do you keep your recipes? How often do you use them?

writing

Did you miss yesterday's challenge? Here it is! And don't forget to sign up for daily reminders here.

by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
bamababe1975
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I have a huge recipe binder that I keep mine in. It's a scrapbook style thing with clear pockets for full sheets, clear pockets for recipe cards that came with it, dividers, and a manilla envelope for keeping those clippings from magazines and stuff. I absolutely LOVE it.

QP13-3213

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I use recipe sites, too, but I print off my favorites and keep them in my binder. :)

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Pinterest, Ziplist, allrecipes, food.com, they are all my recipe boxes!

bamababe1975
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I plan to do that for my girls, too. I have some family recipes that aren't written down and I need to put them on paper to pass them on.

Quoting charlene_kyle:

I need to do this. I would like to put together the recipes so when my kids move out I can give them both a copy of the book.

momma-flynn
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I need to write down my recipes. Most are in my head.  

flutter523
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM
I just recently put all my paper recipes in a binder with plastic page protectors in case of spills.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I have a recipe box.

crazymomof4787
by on Jun. 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I have my recipes on my computer in excel files.  

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Good idea.
daerca574
by Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I keep my recipes in a drawer and the ones I don't use very often I keep in the pantry in a ziplock bag.  I probably should get a recipe box.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Lately I've been keeping them in my recipe folder in my documents on the computer. I do refer to them frequently.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement