Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Summer Grilling Challenge Day 15: Plan a BBQ!

Posted by   + Show Post

Now that you've got new recipes, a clean grill and new techniques, it's time to show off your grilling skills! Plan a bbq with friends and family.

When will you host a backyard get-together?

barbecuing

Did you miss any of the activities? Here are links to each day's challenge.

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:47 AM

We usually host a bbq for my youngest son's birthday on the weekend after his birthday or on his birthday if it falls on that weekend, but this year the family reunion got put on the same weekend as the birthday party, so no bbq this time (keeping it low key this year). Maybe we will have a family cookout later this summer. We also do dutch oven cooking outside. Last weekend we had lasagna on our camping trip.

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quoting bamababe1975:

We won't do so any time soon. Our grill has rusted through and we can't afford a new one unless we go with a small charcoal type which hubby doesn't like.

Oh no!  I am worried ours will do that because we don't have a cover for it in the winter.  We should get one before this winter to try and help.  I hope you can get one soon.  They are expensive though!

batjmom
by Sarah on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

we host several from April until October

daerca574
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM

We usually have a BBQ on 4th of July, but this year I have to work!  Hope your turns out fabulous!

Quoting happymama0609:

We are planning on it for the 4th of july! We weren't going to at first, but then we met a few of our neighbors and now we are going to hold a little get together. Ribs, bbq chicken, potato and egg salad, sweet tea and whatever else we feel like making..oh I cannot wait!!

KristinRox
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Our bbq's wont be at our house this year.. instead theyll be at our camper trailer in the campground. 

KristinRox
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:19 PM

We bbq on Canada Day.. a week from today.. yay! 

Quoting charlene_kyle:

We always have a 4th of July cookout.

JOIN US ON:

KristinRox
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Next weekend!!!! Yay~! 

Quoting Mrs.Pool2Be:

I think we are going to try and plan one for the weekend before the 4th since the 4th is on a Wednesday.

JOIN US ON:

KristinRox
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

We usually have a bbq for my sons birthday too. Hell be 3 July 23rd. I think well do his party the weekend before his birthday. 

Quoting dusky_rose:

We usually host a bbq for my youngest son's birthday on the weekend after his birthday or on his birthday if it falls on that weekend, but this year the family reunion got put on the same weekend as the birthday party, so no bbq this time (keeping it low key this year). Maybe we will have a family cookout later this summer. We also do dutch oven cooking outside. Last weekend we had lasagna on our camping trip.

JOIN US ON:

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Sounds fun!

Quoting KristinRox:

Our bbq's wont be at our house this year.. instead theyll be at our camper trailer in the campground. 

KristinRox
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Its soooo much fun. My kids have such a great time being there. 

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Sounds fun!

Quoting KristinRox:

JOIN US ON:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN