The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Grill Clean Up Tips Part 2

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 28 Replies

Although summer is just getting started, our grill has seen its fair share of action. From steaks and burgers to pork chops and hot links, we've used our grill numerous times for flavorful family meals. Clean up is not necessarily the best part of using our barbeque, but we've gotten it down to a science and this handy hint is definitely worth trying out.

When you have a grill with caked on food, try heating up the coals and then rubbing the grill plates down. Simply wad up a few sheets of tinfoil and place it between your barbequing tongs. Use the tongs to rub the tin foil up and down the grill, knocking off all the excess debris. It's a fast and easy method for grill clean up - no fancy tools required

Moms, what are your grill cleaning tips?

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thehickinhickor
by Jessie on Jun. 21, 2012 at 12:06 AM

we clean it after ever use put a little cooking spary on it and cover it with aluminum foil  so the next time we use it we take the foil off and iit's ready to go 

elasmimi
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:05 AM

We have a battery powered brush that does a pretty good job.

daerca574
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:06 AM

we clean the grill after every use.

KristinRox
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:09 AM

My husband just has one of those hard bristled brush things and uses that to clean the grill. 

KristinRox
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:10 AM

I like the idea of a battery powered one. 

Quoting elasmimi:

We have a battery powered brush that does a pretty good job.

JOIN US ON:

KristinRox
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:11 AM

This is probably what we should do as well. It would probably make life a lot easier. 

Quoting thehickinhickor:

we clean it after ever use put a little cooking spary on it and cover it with aluminum foil  so the next time we use it we take the foil off and iit's ready to go 

JOIN US ON:

amy7243
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I will have to give that a try!

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM

thanks

othermom
by Danelle on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM

My biggest tip I learned from my brother. Clean the grill BEFORE you light the bbq, lol. Pretty obvious one you would think

dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 9:59 AM

I have an electric grill with a nonstick surface so I have to use a plastic scrubber to clean its surface. I tend to avoid cooking sticky gooey foods on that grill. I let my DH cook those foods on his charcoal grill.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)