Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

I am looking for a new pot luck dish.  What is your favorite recipe?  Preferrably something cool, that doesn't require cooking! Bonus points for the full recipe and a picture!

by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Replies (11-19):
3lilpunk1ns
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:48 AM

These sound dangerously delicious!  This will be made very soon!

Quoting eustacejessica:

Oreo truffles.

1 package oreos, 8 oz cream cheese, and  1 package of chocolate candiquik.

Reserve about 8 oreos, crush and set aside. Take the remaining oreos and crush them. Mix in the cream cheese(softened) and oreos together. Mix really well! Roll into 1 inch balls and coat in your melted chocolate. Place on a cookie sheet with wax paper/parchment paper. Sprinkle reserved oreos on top of each ball.

These things are heaven!!

eustacejessica
by Jess on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Be warned, they are dangerously delicious!! Everyone that has tried them, loves'em!

Quoting 3lilpunk1ns:

These sound dangerously delicious!  This will be made very soon!

Quoting eustacejessica:

Oreo truffles.

Reserve about 8 oreos, crush and set aside. Take the remaining oreos and crush them. Mix in the cream cheese(softened) and oreos together. Mix really well! Roll into 1 inch balls and coat in your melted chocolate. Place on a cookie sheet with wax paper/parchment paper. Sprinkle reserved oreos on top of each ball.

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Jul. 10, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I usually make a salsa dish

1 package of cream cheese

1 jar of inexpensive salsa (don't use the good stuff)

1 package of shredded cheese (I use the mexican mix)

Chopped tomatoes and lettuce (optional)

1. put both  the cream cheese and salsa in a large bowl. 

2. Mix on low until thoroughly combined

3. Transfer to serving dish and put in the fridge to chill

4. Just before serving garnish with cheese, lettuce and tomato

Sorry, no picture!

flutter523
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM
These sound awesome! My friend just have me a ton of Oreos. Maybe I'll make some

Quoting eustacejessica:

Oreo truffles.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eustacejessica
by Jess on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

You really should make these, you won't regret it!!

Quoting flutter523:

These sound awesome! My friend just have me a ton of Oreos. Maybe I'll make some

Quoting eustacejessica:

Oreo truffles.

flutter523
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
My waistline might though lol

Quoting eustacejessica:

You really should make these, you won't regret it!!

Quoting flutter523:

Quoting eustacejessica:

Oreo truffles.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Danelle on Jul. 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Quoting LovesFredric:

I love to do fresh fruit salad: green grapes, strawberries, pineapple. Cut it all up & mix together. I like how the pineapple juice mixes everything together. Cheap, healthy, yummy!

Fruit salad is great

salamandersmom
by Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Its not cold, but has minor cooking...   You can even do it in a crock pot, which makes minimal summer heat.  This is my husband's mother's recipe.  She used to make it for pot lucks and the annual Father Son dinner thing for Boy Scouts.  She said it always came home EMPTY, which is the best measure of a pot-luck food. 

Beanie-Weinie Casserole

2  1-lb cans bushes best original baked beans

1 envelope (or a little less) onion soup mix

1/3 cup catsup

1/4 cup water

2 tbsp brown sugar

scant 1 tbsp mustard

1 package (8-10) hot dogs, sliced

Mix soup mix, catsup, water, brown sugar, and mustard together.  Stir in beans and hot dogs.  Place in a 2 quart casserole or bean pot.  (can use a crock pot, too...  Increase cooking time from one hour to two hours or so.)  Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour.  Serve hot. 

25beengoodtome
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2012 at 5:29 PM

My favorite is THREE BEAN SALAD!

EASY; OPEN & DRAIN

1 can each:

Green, yellow(wax) , and dark red kidney beans. Add finely diced onion raw slice, and pour 1/2-3/4 cup italian dressing or red vinegarette(your choice) mix well, chill and serve

~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN