The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Need ideas for a 3 bell pepper linguine pasta!!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM
  • 12 Replies
I picked up this amazing pasta and can't come up with a sauce or a way to cook the pasta. It is a bell pepper pasta that has yellow, red, and green flavored/colored pasta noodles. I am looking for some ideas on how to cook it. Not sure if I should do an Alfredo style sauce or more oil- garlic approach. I am open to any and all ideas please share any recipes you think will pair well with pasta.
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suetoo
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Sauté onion, garlic and anything else you like in butter. I use any veggies I have on hand, peppers, squash, peas or corn, slivers of carrot, frozen spinach, a little of everything or anything. Add olive oil. Enough for pasta quantity. Cook the pasta al dente, toss with sautéed veggies, dust with grated Parmesan, enjoy!
powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Check on www.ehow.com or Betty Crocker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd do a lighter pesto style sauce with lots of mushrooms, and onions. Although I don't Alfredo so I'm not much help with that... I also love fresh tomato sauce with red wine, garlic, herbs/seasoning, mushrooms, onions, and spinach yum!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by Queen of Awesomeness on Jul. 9, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Alfredo sounds pretty yumm

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like it would be nice sauteed in garlic and oil with some lemon grilled chicken on top.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:05 PM
These are some yummy ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovesFredric
by Amanda on Jul. 9, 2012 at 9:00 PM
sounds great

Quoting suetoo:

Sauté onion, garlic and anything else you like in butter. I use any veggies I have on hand, peppers, squash, peas or corn, slivers of carrot, frozen spinach, a little of everything or anything. Add olive oil. Enough for pasta quantity. Cook the pasta al dente, toss with sautéed veggies, dust with grated Parmesan, enjoy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovesFredric
Oh yum!

Quoting Schleetle:

I'd do a lighter pesto style sauce with lots of mushrooms, and onions. Although I don't Alfredo so I'm not much help with that... I also love fresh tomato sauce with red wine, garlic, herbs/seasoning, mushrooms, onions, and spinach yum!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovesFredric
Love lemon chicken!

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Sounds like it would be nice sauteed in garlic and oil with some lemon grilled chicken on top.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eustacejessica
by Jess on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do a lighter sauce. What about a browned butter sauce?

6 tablespoons butter

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage

2 tablespoons heavy cream

1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano

In a small saucepan, melt 6 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt over medium-low heat. Add 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage and cook, stirring often, until the butter begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2 tablespoons heavy cream and remove from the heat. Add 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese when tossing with pasta.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)