Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

How do you create meal magic every day?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
  • 137 Replies
2 moms liked this

We gave moms some Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil and asked them to create a dish using the product. From lining pans before making foods like a roast, covering cheesy casseroles, or making your family's dinner in a foil packet, there are various ways you can prep and/or cook with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil.  Stay tuned to read about the great dishes our moms made.

Then, come back and tell us how you create meal magic every day for your family.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Check out what some of our influencers are saying:

SuperPickle says:
We had so much fun with our Reynolds Wrap foil! I decided to make gluten free twinkies.

wandep says:
It was so yummy and easy to clean up too! You just throw the foil in the trash! :) Oh....my daughter and I had fun too making foil people!

erikays says:
We had Garlic Lime Tenderloin. It is a big hit in our house! We lined the pan with Reynolds Wrap, so we didn't have much clean up.

Go ahead and read on for other great stories from our influencers.

starreyedcutie
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Can't wait for the reviews
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting starreyedcutie:

Can't wait for the reviews

SuperPickle
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:29 PM
11 moms liked this

Bump to save my review spot! 

Got my foil today!!! I am super excited and I have a plan all set up for a special treat for my kids. I will be back to share the results in a day or 2.

Hello all!  I am Kelli SAHM to 3 wonderful boys.

We had so much fun with our Reynolds Wrap foil!

I decided to make gluten free twinkies. It is a recipe I have been meaning to mess around with and now having a surplus of foil to work with it seemed like the perfect time!

The Reynolds Wrap was a good quality foil, it doesnt rip quite as easily as store brands, although you do have to be gentle with it. I am used to working with heavy duty foils so it took a few minutes to relax my grip LOL.

My kids started out helping make the packets with me but a friend came to the door so they high tailed it out. My 8 year old son did eventually come back and help me with the cake batter though.

When all was said and done they Loved the Twinkies! We are always looking for fun treats to make! We will certainly keep Reynolds Wrap handy in the kitchen!

Oh and when we were done of course we decided to have a little more fun....we shall survive the alien invasion! Remember folks SHINY SIDE OUT to deflect those mind control rays!

wandep
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:42 PM
8 moms liked this

Hi y'all! My name is Pam and I'm a sahm. Hubby and I have been married 11 years and we have two kids ages 8 and 6. We live in Florida.

I was asked by Cafemom and Reynolds Wrap to test their foil. I really enjoyed doing this influence and want to thank Cafemom and Reynolds Wrap for letting me take the foil challenge.

This is what I received from Cafemom and Reynolds Wrap...

This is me getting ready to cook our supper with Reynolds Wrap....

This was is the recipe I used for tonight's supper...it was very delicious and easy to fix:

Baked Pork Chops:

1 pork chop per person
Average size potato
Medium size onion
Pat of butter
Salt & pepper
Reynolds wrap

Put pork chop on Reynolds Wrap; salt and pepper to taste. Slice potato over top of pork chop. Slice onion over potato. Salt and pepper to taste. Add pat of butter. Wrap so no air can get out. Put in oven, 400 degrees. Bake for 1 hour. Thanks to Cooks.com for the recipe.

All folded up and ready to go in the oven...

This is how it looked when it was all done....

Plated and ready to be served....

It was so yummy and easy to clean up too! You just throw the foil in the trash! :)

Oh....my daughter and I had a little fun too with the foil. Here we are making foil people! She had lots of fun!

Our foil family...daddy, mommy, son and daughter....

We had a blast! So yes even tho you can cook with the foil you can also make crafts with your kids. :) Thanks again Cafemom and Reynolds Wrap! I have always purchased this brand and will continue to do so in the future.

KaylaMillar
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi everyone! I'm Kayla and I'm a SAHM to my two children. Asher (4) and Jael (2).  Dh and I have been married for 5 years and currently reside in Missoula, Mt. 

I received my Reynolds wrap in the mail two days ago. I love that it came with 0.30 coupon on each package! Extra coupons are always a score! =)

I was finally able to use the foil last night for dinner. We made one of our favorites, Shrimp Scampi with garlic bread. I used the foil to wrap the bread. I was super shocked at how durable it is. (I usually buy the Great Value brand because its cheaper than Reynolds and I thought the quality was great, until now!

Then package opened super easy and the foil pulled right off the roll very easily. When using previous brands, the foil were such a pain to get started off the roll and i usually ripped it in the process. Reynolds Wrap didn't rip at all! 

My family loved the finished product! The bread turned out wonderful and was super crunchy! 

I will be definitely adding Reynolds wrap to my future shopping list. Its well worth the extra $1! Thank you Reynolds and Cafemom! 

slw123
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

My family's favorite dinner is baked ziti.  It's fun to make and always leaves the pan a horrible mess to clean up with baked on cheese and stuff.  The kids begged me to make a pan and this was a great time to use my Reynold's Wrap to line the pan.  Here are my pictures of our dinner adventure:

The lined pan..

The ziti before it gets baked:

The ziti after it is baked:

The pan when we finish eating all the ziti:

If my husband hadn't punctured the foil with the spatula, we would have had a perfectly clean pan, but it's still a million times better than it usually is.

ethans_momma06
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Oooo! I look forward to this

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Jul. 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds interesting, I love new recipes!

batjmom
by Sarah on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you cafemom and Reynolds Wrap for this opportunity.    Looking forward to trying some new recipes with this.

We got our Reynolds wrap and were so excited to try several recipes.    I love to use foil when cooking because that means less dishes to clean!   Its so easy to cook on the grill with Reynolds foil. 

I made grilled salmon.  I coated the salmon in olive oil and a little sea salt and cracked black pepper.   Cut up a fresh yellow pepper from garden and portobello mushrooms and added those to the side

My Husband and my 2 sons love crab legs.  Me not a fan at all... So wrapping them in foil and putting them on the grill heat them great!   No smell in the house at all! 

Reynolds wrap is so easy to cook a variety of foods with!  Thank you so much for this opportunity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement