Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

How do you create meal magic every day?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms some Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil and asked them to create a dish using the product. From lining pans before making foods like a roast, covering cheesy casseroles, or making your family's dinner in a foil packet, there are various ways you can prep and/or cook with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil.  Stay tuned to read about the great dishes our moms made.

Then, come back and tell us how you create meal magic every day for your family.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
erikays
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Just received my package! Saving my spot :)
othermom
by Danelle on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Look forward to hearing what people think

eustacejessica
by Jess on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Can't wait to hear about the reviews!

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I am so excited to be a part of this influencer! 

Hi, my name is Kathleen and I am a SAHM to three boys ages 6, 5 and 1 and wife to a wonderful and hardworking DH.  We are a very active family so good meals are essential to keeping us going throughout the day.  I usually don't use much foil in my cooking so I am very excited to try something new here.  Typically the only thing I use foil for is to wrap up breakfast burritos I have made so that DH can just grab one in the morning on his way to work.  I am excited to use it in the actual cooking process though.  I am going grocery shopping on Thursday so I am browsing the Reynolds Wrap website now to find a great new recipe to try and to shop for then!  I will update this post after I have made it and let you know how it came out. 

Until then I thought I would for fun post pictures of my kids making a craft project using Reynolds Wrap foil.  I got the idea off the pbs website.  Here they are.

Okay, I promise I will be back in a few days with information and pictures of what the foil is actually supposed to be used for, COOKING!  I just thought it would be fun to show that there are many uses for Reynolds Wrap, lol.  Stay tuned for my cooking review!

Updated with the Rest of the Review!

Okay ladies, I finally got to the store and I decided to use the foil for two different purposes.  The first one was for the Little Buckaroo Rodeo we attended on Saturday at our local county fair.  My kids were competing in the kid's events.  The rodeo went from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. so we needed to pack a lunch because I didn't want to buy the food at the concession stand.  I heated up some burritos at home and wrapped them in foil.  I was able to write on the which kind was which.  They held up very well and were very yummy.  Here are some pictures of this.

Okay, so that was the first use.  The second thing I wanted to try something different that I had never done before.  I went to the Reynolds Wrap website and saw how they showed how to line a pan with the foil before baking a dish for less clean up afterwards.  I found a new recipe off of the Betty Crocker website that was for a Mexican chicken and rice dish and it called for it to be covered with foil for half the cooking time.  I took it a step further and lined the dish with foil too like the Reynolds site had said.  It was so awesome!  First off the food was amazing and we all loved it.  Secondly the lining the pan worked out great.  I was really thinking with a sticky meal like that the foil would tear all up when I scraped the food out and end up all in our food.  Even with scraping the food out of it there was no tearing at all!  Also the casserole dish came out just as clean as before I started cooking.  I will definitely be doing this in the future because it is so easy.  Here are the pics from this.

The pan lined and food ready to go in the oven.

The food in the oven.

The finished food.  Yummy!

This is the dish after we were all done and I took the foil out to throw away!  Look how clean.  Honestly I was amazed.

I had a great time doing this and I will definitely be using this foil a lot more.  Thanks again CafeMom and Reynolds Wrap.

wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Yesterday at 9:39 AM
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Check out my reviews...they are on the first page! :) Thanks again Cafemom and Reynolds Wrap I had lots of fun with this influence! :)

wandep
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 6:46 PM

That is awesome! Looks like fun too! We did the foil people. My daughter had a blast. I posted pics on the first page. :) I also cooked with it tonight and it turned out great.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Hi, my name is Kathleen and I am a SAHM to three boys ages 6, 5 and 1 and wife to a wonderful and hardworking DH.  We are a very active family so good meals are essential to keeping us going throughout the day.  I usually don't use much foil in my cooking so I am very excited to try something new here.  Typically the only thing I use foil for is to wrap up breakfast burritos I have made so that DH can just grab one in the morning on his way to work.  I am excited to use it in the actual cooking process though.  I am going grocery shopping on Thursday so I am browsing the Reynolds Wrap website now to find a great new recipe to try and to shop for then!  I will update this post after I have made it and let you know how it came out. 

Until then I thought I would for fun post pictures of my kids making a craft project using Reynolds Wrap foil.  I got the idea off the pbs website.  Here they are.

Okay, I promise I will be back in a few days with information and pictures of what the foil is actually supposed to be used for, COOKING!  I just thought it would be fun to show that there are many uses for Reynolds Wrap, lol.  Stay tuned for my cooking review!

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Can't wait to read what they say =)

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Love the art project =)

Quoting countrygirlkat:

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Fun!  Sounds like your meal came out great as well. 

Quoting wandep:

That is awesome! Looks like fun too! We did the foil people. My daughter had a blast. I posted pics on the first page. :) I also cooked with it tonight and it turned out great.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

wandep
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM

BUMP FOR MORE POST ABOUT REYNOLDS WRAP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN