Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

How do you create meal magic every day?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms some Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil and asked them to create a dish using the product. From lining pans before making foods like a roast, covering cheesy casseroles, or making your family's dinner in a foil packet, there are various ways you can prep and/or cook with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil.  Stay tuned to read about the great dishes our moms made.

Then, come back and tell us how you create meal magic every day for your family.

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (121-130):
buttersworth
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM

i'm not trying to endorse your product but now that i'm here, i have to say, i use foil all the time. some dishes just wouldn't be the same without it. like baked pasta dishes in casserole dishes that don't have covers...you HAVE to have some foil or the pasta (stuffed shells, manicotti, baked ziti, lasagna, etc) becomes too hard to eat. in fact it works better with foil instead of a cover, because covers retain moisture and the foil can be left draped over the dish lightly to allow steam to escape.  foil is good on oven roasted meats when you want the skin crispy but not burnt, as would happen without the foil

Sweet_Carol_126
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I think that we treat guests better than our kids. We need to use cloth napkins (they wash up well) and use the stemware every so often. Could even get some inexpensive stemware just for family dinners.  My kids loved that.  And we used dishes like Corelle when they were kids as they were less likely to break.  Used to guarantee them when I had kids.   It is much easier when we are home all the time, but I worked much of my life and used crock pots at times and had dinners that were easy like meatloaf.  Usually I could have a meal on the table in a half hour or so.  Kids set the table.  We had a dishwasher (it was portable and had to pull over to the sink.  When kids became teenagers they sometimes did the dinner or part of it.  we usually had an Italian meal about once a week.  We did order in pizza or pick up some or got some from the store and kept in freezer.  Hamburgers were good as were sloppy joes.  We couldn't afford steaks much then.  Chili was a specialty of mine as was lasagna though that did take time so it was a Sat. or Sunday meal.  then Stouffers made lasagna that was almost as good as mine.  I used aluminum in the bottom of all that went into the oven unless it was in a glass pan.  Sometimes I made pinto beans and cornbread but that took a lot of time with soaking overnight, etc.  We were a bit stuffy with the veggies as my ex didn't like a lot of veggies.  Had salad with spaghetti.  I used canned sauce but added to it with ground beef, onions and oregano.  I didn't use as many spices then.  Put bread in the bread maker every so often. 

Sweet_Carol_126
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I didn't get any aluminum foil from them but I use either aluminum or aluminum/parchment backed paper.  I put over and under a roast which is easy to do for a good meal.  Love the onions, potatoes and carrots with the meat.

SuperWoman8
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 2:33 PM

1-800- take out.

just kidding! don't call that number!

mommyofnuggets
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I typically prepare the meals on Sunday so when I get home from work I just heat it up in the microwave and cook up some side dishes or make a salad to go with or  in the winter a slower cooker...Family always happy!!hugs

ang639
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I CUT ABOUT 6 PIECES OF ALUMINUM FOIL I PUT WHITE RICE IN EACH PIECE THEN I ADD  TILAPIA FILLETS I MIX SPAGHETTI SAUCE AND 2 CANS MIX VEGETABLES AND POUR OVER RICE AND FILLETS AND THEN CLOSE UR FOIL PUT ALL 6 IN A PAN AND BAKE 30 MINUTES OR UNTIL U FEEL UR FISH IS DONE TO YOUR LIKING SOMETIMES I BAKE THE TILAPIA FIRST THIS IS A QUICK AND COMPLETE MEAL! 

Hottmomma607
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Yummy!!

Quoting KaylaMillar:

Hi everyone! I'm Kayla and I'm a SAHM to my two children. Asher (4) and Jael (2).  Dh and I have been married for 5 years and currently reside in Missoula, Mt. 

I received my Reynolds wrap in the mail two days ago. I love that it came with 0.30 coupon on each package! Extra coupons are always a score! =)

I was finally able to use the foil last night for dinner. We made one of our favorites, Shrimp Scampi with garlic bread. I used the foil to wrap the bread. I was super shocked at how durable it is. (I usually buy the Great Value brand because its cheaper than Reynolds and I thought the quality was great, until now!

Then package opened super easy and the foil pulled right off the roll very easily. When using previous brands, the foil were such a pain to get started off the roll and i usually ripped it in the process. Reynolds Wrap didn't rip at all! 

My family loved the finished product! The bread turned out wonderful and was super crunchy! 

I will be definitely adding Reynolds wrap to my future shopping list. Its well worth the extra $1! Thank you Reynolds and Cafemom! 

momw2teens522
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 6:08 AM
Baked ziti looked yummy. I am 1. 4 use easy cleanup!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by on Sep. 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM
Thats so cool.

Quoting SuperPickle:

Bump to save my review spot! 

Got my foil today!!! I am super excited and I have a plan all set up for a special treat for my kids. I will be back to share the results in a day or 2.

Hello all!  I am Kelli SAHM to 3 wonderful boys.

We had so much fun with our Reynolds Wrap foil!

I decided to make gluten free twinkies. It is a recipe I have been meaning to mess around with and now having a surplus of foil to work with it seemed like the perfect time!

The Reynolds Wrap was a good quality foil, it doesnt rip quite as easily as store brands, although you do have to be gentle with it. I am used to working with heavy duty foils so it took a few minutes to relax my grip LOL.

My kids started out helping make the packets with me but a friend came to the door so they high tailed it out. My 8 year old son did eventually come back and help me with the cake batter though.

When all was said and done they Loved the Twinkies! We are always looking for fun treats to make! We will certainly keep Reynolds Wrap handy in the kitchen!

Oh and when we were done of course we decided to have a little more fun....we shall survive the alien invasion! Remember folks SHINY SIDE OUT to deflect those mind control rays!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Quoting slw123:

My family's favorite dinner is baked ziti.  It's fun to make and always leaves the pan a horrible mess to clean up with baked on cheese and stuff.  The kids begged me to make a pan and this was a great time to use my Reynold's Wrap to line the pan.  Here are my pictures of our dinner adventure:

The lined pan..

The ziti before it gets baked:

The ziti after it is baked:

The pan when we finish eating all the ziti:

If my husband hadn't punctured the foil with the spatula, we would have had a perfectly clean pan, but it's still a million times better than it usually is.

Great idea

Join us in Family Vacations & Getaways!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN