The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

When you add up how much money your family spends eating out you might be surprised. That's why I've tried to recreate our favorite take out dishes at home. It is possible for these handmade foods to taste just as good. We put away the money we save and use it for future vacations. Serve this grilled Margarita Pizza for your next dinner, and you'll be sure to have a happy crowd.

Here's how you make it:

Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil

2 8" pizza crusts

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 clove garlic, chopped

½ medium red onion, cut into thin strips

2 plum tomatoes, sliced thin

½ jar (from a 6 oz jar) marinated

¼ cup sliced black olives

2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese

PREHEAT grill to medium-high. Place each sheet of Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil with non-stick (dull) side towards food on a cookie sheet to transport pizza to and from the grill.

CENTER Italian bread crusts, bottom side up, on foil sheet. Combine olive oil and garlic. Brush over pizza crust.

SLIDE foil sheet with pizza crusts onto grill.

GRILL pizza crusts 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Slide foil sheet with pizza crusts back on cookie sheet to add toppings. (You will need to remove the crusts from the grill while adding toppings to prevent the crust from continuing to brown.) Using a spatula, turn crust over.

TOP pizza crust with red onion, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olives and basil. Sprinkle with cheese. Slide foil sheet with pizzas from cookie sheet back onto the grill.

GRILL 3 to 4 minutes in covered grill until cheese is melted. Slide foil sheet with pizzas back onto cookie sheet to remove from the grill.

Moms, what else would you add to this pizza to make it a family favorite?

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-37):
wandep
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Add? I would take everything off and just add cheese, sauce, and pepperoni! That would be all that my kids would eat. LOL

jadedcynic
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 1:09 AM
No, they won't. My kids hated it when I made a very similar recipe. I loved it, but they couldn't stand it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy7243
by Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Mmm! Sounds great that way.

Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:25 AM
This looks really good
GingerNeeSmith
by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:27 PM

sounds good

Jaybo
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Step 6, marinated, what?

tayanddyl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Sounds tasty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)