Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

when out eat with small kids ...

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

do you take your own food for them? do you clean up after them? do you leave a bigger tip if there is a mess you cannot clean up ?

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LexRi0709
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:51 PM

My girls are 3 and 5. I always clean up the table behind them, and us. I stack all the plates together, put the silverware on top, all the trash on the plates. Sometimes I wipe the table down, but most of the time I don't. And we order everything from the restaurant. I tip based on service, and attitude.

proudmommy690
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:52 PM
when we go out they eat whatever we buy for them. luckily they arent big mess makers...only on their hands/face lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gina1109
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:53 PM
I order from the menu and I'm pretty good about cleaning his mess up. I'll pick up the big things on the floor and wipe down his area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thehickinhickor
by Jessie on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM

i take a snack so if the food takes longer she as something to eat, i clean up as much as i can if she makes a mess i do tip more if i see the floor needs cleaned up that i cannot do. yrs of waiting tables myself i know that is more time away from my job doing the floors 

gcstar42
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 3:55 PM

If my kids are with me I make sure we are going somewhere where there will be something they like to eat as well. As far as cleaning up after them, if they spill a drink or something on the table I will soak and wipe it up with napkins if there are some available, but as far as just regular crumbs and stuff from eating then no I don't clean all of that up. And anything on the floor I dont clean up, lol, because I don't exactly carry a broom and mop with me. If for some reason we have a big mess, then I do try to tip a few extra dollars though.

flutter523
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM
I buy a meal for him. I'll pick up bigger pieces of food left on the floor but I don't always leave a bigger tip bc he's with me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Jul. 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

We do not take our own food. We do clean up the mess and yes we do tip higher.

LovesFredric
by Amanda on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM
I try to have snacks with me. Sometimes restaurants can be slow - and snacks (and toys) can help keep them compliant. We will order food for them too. I will straighten or wipe up some things when applicable (esp at a fast food restaurant, but not as much at a sit down one where the tables are bussed). No, I don't tip higher for cleaning a mess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM
I being a lunchbox w snacks, sippy etc. She doesnt make. amess usually, she also nibbles off of our plates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Danelle on Jul. 20, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I might bring a snack, I also bring crayons and coloring books, I clean up after them most of the time unless it is like a frie or two that falls. I don't let them leave a big mess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN