Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Baking Sticky Buns Without Sticky Pans

Posted by   + Show Post

Sticky buns. Cinnamon rolls. Apple Strudel.

All delicious breakfast - and, let's face it, any time of day - treats. They are yummy warm or cold, topped with ice cream, whipped cream or just plain. There's just one problem - all of these treats that are so yummy are incredibly messy. The creating part you can almost see - after all, yummy takes effort and effort often equals mess. It's the baking mess that I can do without.

Create your delicious treat and then, instead of laying those cookies or ooey gooey cinnamon rolls on a greased pan - lay them on top of some parchment paper.  When the treats are fully cooked, simply lift the cookies or rolls from the pan and put them onto a cooling rack.

You can even line a baking pan with parchment and then fill the pan with brownie or bar cookie dough. When the baking time is over, lift the cooked bars out by lifting the paper and allowing them to cool on a rack  - and then you can cut the cooled bars directly on the paper. This has the added benefit of containing all of the crumbs!

The best part of all of these little tricks is that it completely removes the "Oh, now I have to scrub that sticky pan!" aspect of cooking some of the most delicious treats around.

What is your favorite treat to cook that you just don't prepare because it's too messy? Will it try it again with parchment paper?

ŠiStockphoto.com/photobac

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
daerca574
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM

my kids love these!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Rice Krispy Treats!

.Angelica.
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:08 AM

we used to have a cinnabon but they closed down. now we have no good place to get them anymore either. I was considering asking MIL to make some because hers are SOOO good but she's doing gluten free now. lol Probably be mean to ask her to make something she can't eat. And I just don't have the time to do it myself.

Quoting Kainalu55:

they sure do! lol

Quoting .Angelica.:

i've been wanting cinnamon rolls and this post didn't help! lol they sound soo good right now.

dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I should try it too.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I've never used parchment paper. I need to try though!

Same here!

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

copperswifey
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM

That is a great idea! I have stopped making peanut brittle because it gets so messy. I will have to try it with parchment paper next time. :)

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM

great idea, didnt think of parchment paper tfs

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Quoting copperswifey:

That is a great idea! I have stopped making peanut brittle because it gets so messy. I will have to try it with parchment paper next time. :)

My uncle makes awesome peanut brittle each year at Christmas.  I wonder if he uses parchment paper, lol.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:17 PM
I love the idea of parchment paper I hate big clean ups.
copperswifey
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 6:53 PM

LOL You will have to ask him and then let us know lol :)

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting copperswifey:

My uncle makes awesome peanut brittle each year at Christmas.  I wonder if he uses parchment paper, lol.

LovesFredric
by Amanda on Jul. 26, 2012 at 9:56 PM
I need to try this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danni1982
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 1:05 PM

parchment paper has a permanent spot in our kitchen, my grandmother who taught me to cook showed me this nifty stuff and I use it all the time, I especially use it during my Christmas baking when I make fudge, baklava, and so many pans of cinnamon rolls I usually lose count :) It doesn't cost a lot and saves my pans loads of wear from scrubbing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN