Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Baking Sticky Buns Without Sticky Pans

Posted by   + Show Post

Sticky buns. Cinnamon rolls. Apple Strudel.

All delicious breakfast - and, let's face it, any time of day - treats. They are yummy warm or cold, topped with ice cream, whipped cream or just plain. There's just one problem - all of these treats that are so yummy are incredibly messy. The creating part you can almost see - after all, yummy takes effort and effort often equals mess. It's the baking mess that I can do without.

Create your delicious treat and then, instead of laying those cookies or ooey gooey cinnamon rolls on a greased pan - lay them on top of some parchment paper.  When the treats are fully cooked, simply lift the cookies or rolls from the pan and put them onto a cooling rack.

You can even line a baking pan with parchment and then fill the pan with brownie or bar cookie dough. When the baking time is over, lift the cooked bars out by lifting the paper and allowing them to cool on a rack  - and then you can cut the cooled bars directly on the paper. This has the added benefit of containing all of the crumbs!

The best part of all of these little tricks is that it completely removes the "Oh, now I have to scrub that sticky pan!" aspect of cooking some of the most delicious treats around.

What is your favorite treat to cook that you just don't prepare because it's too messy? Will it try it again with parchment paper?

ŠiStockphoto.com/photobac

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-47):
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Jul. 27, 2012 at 2:26 PM

I'm not a big baker but I would love to start doing it more.  I will definitely have to invest in parchment paper!

eustacejessica
by Jess on Jul. 28, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Parchment paper is my go to tool for baking.

alliesmom112
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I always use parchment paper or foil when I bake

tayanddyl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM
I love parchment paper! I use it often
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I use parchment paper a lot!

amy7243
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Mmm~those look so good. My dd made sticky buns from a pintrest recipe and they were awesome!

jessicasmom1
by Laina on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Yum thank you we like these buns and with the parchment paper better yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement