Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Your Latest Kitchen Gadget Purchase?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:05 PM
  • 25 Replies

I don't buy kitchen gadgets often because we try to keep our expenses down as much as possible.  It's very tempting though!  :)  I'd love one of those KitchenAid stand mixers...

Anyway, this weekend, hubby, DS and I went to the local Outlet store mall and there was a kitchen-stuff store there.  Of course, we had to go in.

We bought:

An all-in-one apple corer-peeler-slicer.  (We have four apple trees, btw.)  We NEEDED this!

A pizza stone/rack and a wooden paddle.  I now make our pizzas at home instead of buying them, so I can't wait to try this!  I hate soggy crusts!

A french fry thingy.  You know, that cutter that cuts potatoes to be fries.  We have two raised boxes of potatoes growing right now.  I want to cut and freeze our own french fries! 

A red plastic spoon for DS (5).  He said he wanted it to eat breakfast with.  (It's a mixing spoon-LOL!)  I told him it was $2.99 and he would have to pay us back for it out of his chore earnings when we got home.  He was pretty adamant about wanting it, so we fronted him the cash.  (He paid us back-counting out the money accurately (Yaaaaaay!)

---

What gadgets/appliances have you added to your kitchen lately?

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

a potato masher LOL. I know most people have these, I did not grow up with one we used an electric hand mixer. I bought one because I seen on racheal ray its easier to break up your meat with one, I use it alot.

KaylaMillar
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh gees! I don't even know! I guess its time for me to get something
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eustacejessica
by Jess on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM

The last gadget I bought was a round pastry cutter. I use it make homemade uncrustables for my little one.

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Our newest appliance is our dishwasher, but we didn't have to buy it.  We live in an apartment, and it was management's responsibility replace their broken-down, old hunk of junk.  So now, we have a new Kenmore dishwasher.

The newest kitchen item we actually purchased was our microwave.  Our 'old' (about a year and a half) one started acting up, and I pretty much overreacted.  I bought a new one, then got home and found out the other one was working just fine again.  Instead of returning the new one, I kept it and put the old one out by the dumpster, where someone soon snatched it up.

powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
we bought on ebay a ceramic knife set for my SO. ........ PS, I really really want a kitchen aid mix stand! (to make pizza or dinner rolls or cookie dough too!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM
An apple slicer. Ours broke
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovesFredric
by Amanda on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:56 PM
Sounds like you made some great finds!! And awesome for DS counting out that money!!

We haven't purchased anything too recently - my last favorite kitchen purchase (except not really a gadget) was a pair of silicone coated wisks! Love those things for wisking in a teflon pan!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flaca43
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 11:17 PM
Haven't bought anything for a bit. I do want a new blender though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I plan to order a baster and a basting brush from pampered chef.

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Aug. 6, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Also in my Avon catalog there are lots of new kitchen gadgets.  I plan to order some demos to show my friends because then they will order them! LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN