Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Help quick please! LOL

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 15 Replies

I got picked for the Reynold's influencer so I was thinking for one of the tests I would cook something in the crockpot but line it with foill to make clean up a breeze.  I thought I remember somebody saying they did this.  Would this work?  Has anybody tried it?  I want to try it but am afraid one that it may effect the taste, two that I am wrong(lol) and nobody said that or three the foil will get too hot and start on fire.  So, please let me know if you have done this!

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suetoo
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Never heard of doing it, but remember hearing about the catch on fire thing.
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I haven't, sorry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Danelle on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I have never done it

angie2568
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:25 AM

It can catch fire and depending on what type of meat/food it can effect the taste.

Congrats on being picked...

Keep us updated on what you choose to make.

lillucky8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Hmm im not sure about using foil
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gina1109
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:36 AM
I think Reynolds makes a crock pot liner... But i personally wouldnt put just aluminum foil in there ( even though I've seen multiple pins ( on pinterest) of ppl cooking baked potatoes in a crock pot wrapped in foil.
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Okay, thank you.  I swear I heard somebody say they did this but either I am just crazy(which is entirely possible (: ) or they did it and it wasn't a good idea.  I don't want to risk it so I will just line a baking pan with it like the Reynolds Wrap website shows how to and make something that way.  Thanks!

Quoting angie2568:

It can catch fire and depending on what type of meat/food it can effect the taste.

Congrats on being picked...

Keep us updated on what you choose to make.

eustacejessica
by Jess on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I've never lined my crock pot with foil. It should work fine. The only time I've put foil in the crock pot is when I cook a whole chicken. I'll make 3 foil balls to place the chicken on so it doesn't cook in the juices. It comes out tasting like a rotisserie chicken and it just falls right off the bone.

chemmom83
by Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BUT FOIL DEPENDING ON HEAT SETTING WILL BURN AND YOU MAY GET A DIFFERENT TASTE, DOES IT HAVE TO BE DONE IN THE CROCK POT ,BECAUSE THER ARE A LOT OF ENCLOSED DISHES : CKN, VEG AND FISH WITH A COMPLETE MEAL EMPLOTE OR ENCLOSED IN FOIL

salamandersmom
by Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

It should work.  If you can cook on a grill with it, you should be able to line a crock pot with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement