Other than PB & J, what sandwich spreads do your young children like?
This one from allrecipes.com looks promising. DS loves cheese and maybe I can get more veggies into him this way. Some reviewers said it's great on flat bread-DS' favorite bread.
Creamy Vegetable Sandwich Spread
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash garlic salt
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, carrots, zucchini, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, paprika and garlic salt. Chill in the refrigerator approximately 30 minutes before serving