I have a craving for french toast this morning. So I wanted to look up some recipes to get something different than I normally do. Thought I'd share some with you Ladies.
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- salt to taste
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle of skillet over medium-high flame.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.
Fluffy French Toast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 12 thick slices bread
- Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot
Carmelized French Toast
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a frying pan or skillet over medium high heat.
- Beat together eggs, milk and salt. Dip bread one at a time into egg mixture and fry until light brown and egg is cooked.
- After 4 slices of bread have been cooked, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Cook remaining bread slices until light brown on both sides and egg is cooked.
- After all bread slices have been cooked and removed from pan, add brown sugar to pan. Stir until melted and sticky. Add water and stir. Place French toast in caramel sauce. Turn to coat, then remove from pan. Serve.