Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Aug 16, 2012

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:18 PM
  • 15 Replies

I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jen and I joined this group becuase I love cooking and baking and I hope to meet some new friends.

by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Hi Jen, nice to meet you.  I'm Margaret and I love to cook and sometimes bake.  My daughter is really the one who LOVES backing.

jcase2012
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:22 PM

My boyfriend and my mom tell me all the time that I should go to culinary school. Alot of the time I experiment when cooking lol. I hardly ever meaasure anything unless I'm baking.

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I bet you would enjoy it!  One of my daughter's choices for high school is the culinary one.  She has two years yet but I hope she goes!

Quoting jcase2012:

My boyfriend and my mom tell me all the time that I should go to culinary school. Alot of the time I experiment when cooking lol. I hardly ever meaasure anything unless I'm baking.

Margaret

jcase2012
by New Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Have her start doing some research now. i checked into it a little bit and i know there is a school in NYC and maybe albany i think. i will check my email later and find out the name of the school for you

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Yes she is.   This school is in our high school district.  They have a little restaurant and everything.

Quoting jcase2012:

Have her start doing some research now. i checked into it a little bit and i know there is a school in NYC and maybe albany i think. i will check my email later and find out the name of the school for you

Margaret

ethans_momma06
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Nice to meet you!

othermom
by Danelle on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Welcome to the group. I am Danelle.  I love to bake and am trying to learn to cook better

LovesFredric
by Amanda on Aug. 16, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Welcome, Jen!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roses9210
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:17 AM

love recipes and new to group-don't cook much anymore DH does the cooking-I love to Bake.  baked a irish whiskey cheesecake not too long ago-it was GOOD.

salamandersmom
by Member on Aug. 17, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Hello Jen! Glad to meet you.  I like to cook and bake, too.  Wish I could throw the dirty dishes in a black hole, though.  Hate to clean up.  Bummer, but that's a huge part of cooking.    You cook like my mother and grandma.  A handful of this, a pinch of that.  Works good for them, but when I try, the results are not so good.  (I"m much taller, with  much bigger hands, so the "measures" are not the same. ) I've had to teach myself from cookbooks.  And, I love it, love it, love it.  (Except for the dirty dishes...) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN