Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Do you plan weekly dinners during the school year?

eating

by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Replies (31-33):
SarrinaRaynne
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I get paid every other week so I plan dinners for the next two weeks. This lets me look through all the weekly ads and coupons to see what deals I can get and what I can price match at Wal-Mart. Then I do a large shopping trip for all the things I'll need for the meals that are planned. I add in our normal breakfast needs, and since I work from home lunch is left overs and basic lunch items.

It helps me to save money and reduces the stress of OMG what are we going to eat? I plan the crock pot meals on days I am busiest at work so there is next to nothing needed to get dinner on the table.

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I'm proud of myself because I've loosely planned my meals this week!  They have all come out yummy so far.  I was a little annoyed because my bil cooked today and he used my ziti noodles, I'll have to use penne instead!

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I plan all three meals, all year long...not just during the school year.  It saves me money, time, and a lot of stress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN