Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Making the Best of the Grill - Five Tips

Posted by   + Show Post

Summer might be coming to a close, but it's never to late to pick up some super grilling tips for next year and beyond. Here are five tips to keep your grilling fun and flavorful.

1 - Always start with a clean grill. If you notice build up starting to form, turn on your grill to high heat. Close the lid and let the build up "cook" for about twenty minutes. Take a wad of tin foil and place it between your grill tongs. Run the tin foil along the grill and the build up with flake right off.

2 - Remember that indirect heat is sometimes better than direct heat. It's the best way to get a slow and steady cook for juicer, and more tender meat. Try this method with ribs and roasts.

3 - Use tinfoil packets for easy clean up and flavorful one "dish" meals. These are great for crowds and make planning a cinch. You can do most of the prep the night before. A favorite of ours is chicken breast, roma tomatoes, basil and carrots. It's delicious over rice.

4 - Place tinfoil down before cooking delicate items - like fish and kebobs. You'll have an easier time flipping and won't loose it between the grill slots.

5 - Be creative. If you can eat it, you can grill it. Try your luck at grilling fruits for dessert - like pineapple, cantaloupe, and peaches. Serve it up with honey and vanilla bean ice cream for an ultra sweet crowd pleaser.

Moms, share your best grilling tips here!

by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
momkaribg
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Me to.

Quoting meglennox:

....not i want to grill something. lol  awesome tips!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

great tips! 

Bob192
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

We use lots of packets and marinate our meat.

dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Thanks for the tips! I let my DH do most of the grilling here so I have nothing to add.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Good tips! Thank you!

Kmakksmom
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM

These are fabulous tips!  I'm not the griller here...my husband is :)

elasmimi
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Would you please send an e mail to my hubby about # 1? The man never cleans it he says it is just "seasoned right"

sukainah
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Great tips, I'd love to do more grilling.

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Number 1 is a great tip ! Thanks ! I didnt know that ! :)

Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Quoting goddess99:

Good tips. I think your grilling season is already done =(

Not if you live in Florida...Grilling is year round here.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement