The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

What's your favorite recipe to cook for the kids this time of year?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Reynolds Oven Bags and Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. All moms were asked to try a new recipe using the products they received. 

Check out what recipes our moms made! Then, click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Oven Bags and click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. 

As the kids head back to school, what do you like to serve them for dinner during the week?

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (211-220):
kirbymom
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Hi, I got my slow cooker liners and was looking for a new reciepe that we haven't done yet. When I saw the smashed potatoes reciepe, I just had to use my liners for that. I mean, mashed potatoes in a crock pot, in a liner?! That was so intriguing. So we had smashed potatoes and baked chicken and rice casserole with homemade rollsslathered with butter. Well, my 11 yr old daughter and I followed the reciepe for the smashed potatoes and we were both extremely surprised at how well they turned out! Wow! Fantastic! The bag was a great fit too and I actually was able to make mashed potaotes in a crock pot!  Can you believe it?!  And we didn't even have a big mess to clean up afterwards. I think I shall use these liners more often.  Thanks Renyolds and Thanks CafeMom! Without you, I would have never known that mashed potatoes could be cooked in a crock pot, let alone in a bag. Thanks. :) 

jessmomto2boys
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Sorry so late!

I got the Reynolds Oven Bags! Lately, I have been doing most cooking from the crock pot, so I wasn't really sure what to make/do with these oven bags. 

I made BBQ pulled pork, which I have always done in the crock pot. It turned out amazing and so tender. It was super easy to shred (the part I hate the most, lol). The flavor was great. I am so happy to have learned that I can make this meal in the oven and not the crock pot, since the crock pot does take almost all day for it to cook. The oven bags themselves were fantastic, such a great idea!! Even with all the BBQ sauce I used, my dish stayed pretty clean. 

I cannot wait to buy some of the crock pot liners!! I will be buying them tomorrow for sure! 

Thank you CafeMom and Reynolds!! 

CafeMom Tickers

Photobucket

_Mrs.H_
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I have used oven bags here and there when I do chickens and turkeys.  I have never thought about doing meals or sides in one before. 
I did the chicken and rice dinner since it consists of stuff we usually have on hand.  I was a little nervous about how the rice would be in the end but wasn't bad.  I am excited to give the other recipes a try.  With school back in session I need things as quick and easy as possible!

-42-
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I received both the Oven Bags and the Slow Cooker Liners.

For the Oven Bags, I made BBQ Chicken. The kids love it, and it's super easy. The only thing that was ever complicated about it was cleaning the pan, and the Oven Bags take care of that! They're super easy to use, and I think they'll be used within this week. Not only do they help your dish stay juicy/moist, they help seal in all of the flavor!

Now, my favorite had to be the Slow Cooker Liners. I hate nothing more than cleaning that thing! So I whipped up a nice side dish.....Cheesy Potatoes with Bacon. Everyone loved them, and I nearly squealed with joy as I yanked the liner out, threw it away.....and put the slow cooker away CLEAN!

I took some pictures, I will add shortly.

Thank you again CafeMom for the chance to try these out, I will definitely be purchasing them in the future!

johnny4ever
by Tracy on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Sorry for the delay but my Son & I have both been really sick.(Allergies,Strep & Flu)Thanks for Picking me for another great  Influencer.I have been using the Reynolds Crock Pot liners for some time so I was excited to try the Oven Bags.Here's the recipe I used:

http://www.reynoldsovenbags.com/RDetails.aspx?id=331&cat=6

Photos:

The Corn on the Cob was great with my Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes!I plan to make a Roast this coming Weekend!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Babujai
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM
I'm Jan, a wife and mom of 2 boys (7 and almost 11). I received the Reynolds Oven Bags. I picked the Brussels Sprouts with Blue Cheese and Bacon recipe for two reasons: my kids already like brussels sprouts when bacon is involved and also because it's a side dish. Since this is my first time using the oven bags I didn't want to risk making the main item and having it not turn out right.
This recipe was beyond easy. I just tossed everything in the bag and baked. My 10 y/o helped and was surprised when I said we were done. He's used to a lot more prep!
I did substitute some ingredients to adjust for the tastes of my family (Gorganzola for Blue Cheese, and Sunflower Seeds for Pine Nuts) but over all it was a success. Two thumbs up all around. I'll definitely be making this again experimenting with different cheeses. I'll also be trying out a few of the other recipes to see if buying this product in the future will be worth my while. One things for sure, I loved the clean up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasluvin
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Ok...so I got the Reynolds slow cooker liners and I was excited to use them because I wanted to help with the dishes. I have a family of 6 (8 right now because I have two additional guests staying here)...so a minimal amount of dishes is great. I loved the liners!!! Really helped me out.

Ok...so my favorite recipe is french dip sandwiches :) My family loves it and it is so easy to make. The Slow Cooker liners make my life so much easier because I do not need to clean out the ring that always seems to gather when I cook the french dip sandwiches :)

Ok so this is what you will need for this recipe:

beef roast (I have a large family so I look for a larger roast)

packet of Onion soup

some beef broth 1 can (I use beef bullion)

and what ever seasoning you might want...like onion powder and garlic powder

Now, put the slow cooker liner in the slow cooker...making sure it is fitted in.

Place in all ingredients and include some water (because you will need to use the liquid for the Au jous sauce :)...cook on low for 8 hours or high for at least 6 (you want the roast to be very tender)

Once the roast is done, make sure you have rolls (I use rolls made at walmart or I make my own), they need to be sliced in half (as to make a sandwich). Place some roast on the bread then top it with Swiss cheese) When the sandwich is made, wrap it in Reynolds aluminum foil. Make as many sandwiches as you can. With a large roast you can make about 16 sandwiches, maybe more. Bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes on 350 degrees.

When they are done, use the juice in the slow cooker as the sauce to dip the french dip sandwiches in. I promise....your family will love it!!!

eds6619
by New Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Well thanks CM for chooing me to try the slow cooker liners.  I goofed and used my own recipe to try them, then realizing my mistake decided to make the brownies tonight.  They are cooling now, but smell fantastic.  I really did like the mess-free cooking when I made my chicken in them.  The only issue I have, is if there are any health risks from using them. 

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Hi Mommas!

My name is Marlena, and I am a SAHM to four.  My family and I were excited to try a new recipe while trying out the Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners.  I looked at the Reynolds website for recipes to try, and I saw a recipe for Slow Cooker Ribs.  My children ages are five years, four years, two years and almost one year old.  They aren't into anything too difficult to eat, but my husband loves to have meat with him meal. 

From the inspiration of the Slow Cooker Ribs recipe, I decided to make my family BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches. It was very good and very easy clean-up--all thanks to Reynolds!  Today, I made the meal.  It was a busy day between church, family commitments and errands, so it was a perfect day to use my slow cooker.  I was able to place the meal in it and forget about it until it was time to eat. I love how slow cookers always keep meat so moist and tender, and it always fills my home with a nice yummy aroma.

I think the best part about these bags is the clean-up...there is really none.  Just take the bag out and throw it away!  I will be honest, I have not used my slow cooker for months because I dread the clean-up so much, but these bags made it go so smoothly. 

My youngest turns one in less than a month, and I can't wait to use more of these bags at his party.  I am looking at the Slow Cooker Mac n Cheese recipe. I think this would be a hit for the young and the old.  And, the bags are going to save me so much with the clean-up!

Thank you Cafemom and Reynolds! 

kcangel63
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I got the oven bags. I was excited to use them. I made meatloaf, and put it inside the bag. It cooked faster than normal, which was great. Clean up was super easy.

The only issues I had was about 2/3 of the way through, I did end up opening the bag and trimming it because we like our meatloaf crustier. The other was that I still had to drain the grease for the gravy (for the mashed potatoes), which did cause some spillage in the pan. I would end up with the same problem with a roast as well.

Overall, I liked he ease of clean up. However, I don't think I'd use them enough to really buy them often. Although they are oven bags, I think I'll try them again, but in the crockpot next time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)