Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What's your favorite recipe to cook for the kids this time of year?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Reynolds Oven Bags and Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. All moms were asked to try a new recipe using the products they received. 

Check out what recipes our moms made! Then, click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Oven Bags and click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. 

As the kids head back to school, what do you like to serve them for dinner during the week?

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (221-230):
kcangel63
by Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 9:38 PM

See previous post.

Post 2 of 2

This is the little bit of spillage from pouring the grease/juice. That's not bad.

I had to trim the bag so we could serve it. There was no way to get it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Bronze Member on Sep. 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I decided to use this occasion to try something completely new so I made roasted brussel sprouts.  I admit, I did make a slight mistake with the ingredients (used way too much thyme, I read the recipe wrong) but I would definitely make them again (just being more careful).  I loved the ease of using the bag to both mix all the ingredients together and to roast in.  It was great to just throw the bag away when I was finished!

Roasted brussel sprouts:

1 Large Reynolds Oven Bag

1 tablespoon flour

1 pkg (12 oz) or 2 1/2 cups fresh brussel sprouts, trimmed and cut in half if large

2 tablespoons butter cut in small pieces (I substituted olive oil)

1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme leaves

salt and pepper

2 tablespoons crumbled blue chees (I used feta)

2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacom

Preheat over to 425.  Shake flour in oven bag.  Place in 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan.

Add brussel sprouts, butter and thyme to oven bag.  Season to taste with salt and pepper.  Turn bag several times to mix.  Place  brussel sprouts in an even layer.

Close bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2" slits in top, tuck ends of bag in pan.  Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.

Open bag by carefully cutting open.  Immediately spoon into serving bowl, sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon.  Cover with aluminum foil and let sit 5 minutes.  Stir and serve.

The recipe said you could add toasted pine nuts, I added chopped almonds. 

AmyParent
by on Sep. 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I made the rosemary smashed potatoes. I'm a full time working mom so this was fabulous. Able to put it together and focus on the other parts of dinner. My family really enjoyed it and begged me to add it to my menu list. I love that clean up was easy too. Definitely will buy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenniy
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Made a roast in the oven bags. Oh. My. Stars!!! It was so tender it fell apart, the kids LOVED it!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 6:56 AM

I have been wanting to try Fish Tacos for a while. My SO (who loves fish) hasn't been too keen on the idea. So, when I received my Reynold's Oven Bags and searched the recipes, I was excited to see a Fish Taco recipe. I told him because it was a Cafemom and Reynold's project, I had to make them! LOL.

My DD actually followed the recipe to the T. The only complaint was how long it took to cook the fish. At 400 degrees, it took over an hour to cook 8 pieces of fish in them. We doubled the recipe but used two oven bags so that we didn't over stuff the bags. It didn't cook evenly at all. I will admit that the fish was still slightly frozen but that still seems like a long time to me. We were starving so I finally had her just take it out and we ended up nuking the pieces that weren't done. 

Clean up was easy but that was over shadowed by the length of time it took to cook dinner. 

I will try again with a different recipe and see if our opinion changes.

stellarmom1
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I have to admit I've always been interested in try the Reynolds slow cooker liners, but I have been hesitant because it seems to good to be true.  I love my slow cooker I use it at least once a week, and the only negative I can think of is the the Clean up! YUCK! It's always such an ordeal cleaning the inside.  I was very excited when I recieved my slow cooker liners to try.  This weekend felt like fall so I decided to make a roast.  I pulled out my reynolds liners.  It was a perfect fit for my slow cooker.  I loaded it up with my roast, and veggies, turned on low and let it simmer all day.  8 hours later, the house was filled with an amazing aroma. The roast turned out perfect as usual, but the real test was going to be after dinner.Excited to see, I pulled the liner out tossed it in the trash and......that was it.  No mess in the slow cooker, no holes in the liner, nothing! I rinsed my crock pot once, and put it away! WOW! I cannot believe I haven't tried these before, they take out all the heavy duty scrubbing  out of using the slow cooker! Thanks Cafemom and Reynolds slow cooker liners! These are going to have a permanent place in this house! :)

Mena929
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Thank you CafeMom and Reynolds! I received my slow cooker liners and I will be using one tomorrow. I will post pictures and thoughts then. This will be my first time using a liner, I am very excited.

kksmomma1019
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:36 AM
I used the oven bag to cook chicken. I always use these bags on Thanksgiving for moist Turkey. I love them! I used the crockpot liner for soup. It makes cleanup so much better! That's cafemom and Reynolds! I love Reynolds products.
vinalex0581
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I received it but I never got around using it.

I'm going to try to use it this week sometime.

Don't know when.

=(

I feel bad.

helema24
by New Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:49 AM

We eat different types off food than those listed so i made up a recipe. it was baby goat with corn brocoli an dpurple potatoes. i tyossed in some mrs dash salt free seasoning citric acid green seasalt and some rice flour to keep it from sticking too much and creat a thicker sauce. i tossed the bag about a few times then tossed it placed it on the baking sheet i chose and pierced the bag. it came out really good after 1.5 hours at 375. i also made biscuits in a muffin tin and put them to cool as i let the oven bag of food sit to rest for 10 minutes. heres the pics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement