Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What's your favorite recipe to cook for the kids this time of year?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Reynolds Oven Bags and Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. All moms were asked to try a new recipe using the products they received. 

Check out what recipes our moms made! Then, click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Oven Bags and click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. 

As the kids head back to school, what do you like to serve them for dinner during the week?

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (231-240):
bookworm14
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM
I'm Mandy, I received the crock pot liners. I made a pot roast, so simple and easy! I love the easy clean-up, which is always the worst part of using a crock pot. The roast came out tender and moist. I can't wait to try another recipe.
mommaslilmen
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I used both the oven bag and the crock pot liner.

With the oven bag I made a herb roasted chicken that my famiily loves. Ive made it in the past without bags and it always takes longer than expected to cook, and had dry spots. But in the bag, it came out so juicy, on time, and better than ever!! I can't wait to cook something else in the bags (just waiting on cooler weather for the oven)

With the slow cooker bags, I made a beef and vegetable soup. Clean up was very easy since it all stayed in the bag. I have a "newer" Rival that likes to cook faster and hotter, and the bag held up no problem. Everyone loved the soup too, full of fresh veggies.

M4LG5
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I made pulled pork and it was great but somehow while i was mixing up the pork, i must have put a hole in it so I still had to clean it up.....at least it was only a little.

It was easy to take out of the bag and into a bowl.  I just like the fact that I didn't have much to clean up.

Jessica020410
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I received the oven bags. For this influencer, I chose the recipe for the Rosemary Smashed Potatoes. When looking for a new recipe, I look for something that everyone likes, neither have tried before, and is healthy. I love how the bags made the potatoes so soft and juicy rather than dry and hard! My three kids (10, 8, & 2), my husband, and I all loved it! With it, I baked some boneless chicken breasts, also using a bag, and oh my, how juicy that chicken was! My kids loved helping me put the potatoes in the bag, closing it, smashing the potatoes after they were done, then mixing all the ingredients. Some of the words my kids used while making and eating this dish was: "fun", "delicious", "yummy", "the best food ever", "awesome". I will definitely be making this again, using Reynolds Oven Bags! This was the first time using these bags and I will be using them again! I will also be trying the slow cooker bags, as I use my slow cooker a lot!

Thank you Cafemom and Reynolds!!!

sammygrl77
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 6:22 PM

OOOOh. I love your recipe! I'm trying that one next!

Quoting SuperPickle:

Holding my spot! Cant wait to get them!

Hello everyone! I was chosen to review Slow Cooker Liners. I went through the suggested recipes but decided to strike out on my own because we have some special food needs.

I have to say I LOVE slow cooker liners. I have been using them for some time and I will NOT use my crock pot with out them!

For an easy school morning (and since we had just gone blackberry picking)we decided to make a recipe for Slow Cooker Blackberry Steel Cut Oats. It is SO simple and using Slow Cooker Liners make the clean up so easy.

Right before I sent my kids off to bed bed my kids and I threw in the ingredients. 

2 cups Steel Cut Oats

4 cups water

4 cups milk

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 tsp vanilla

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 cup ground flax

2 cups fresh black berries

Then right before I headed off to bed I set my cooker to low and turned in for the night.

In the AM , a quick stir and breakfast is READY!

As you can see here, the sides are rather sticky and it is TERRIBLE to try to scrub off a bare crock. I absoluetly wont make this kind of recipe without liners. The liners make the clean up so simple. 

Give them a scoop with some sliced almonds and a few more fresh berries and they have a filling breakfast that keeps them going all morning( or as my mom always says, sticks to your ribs)

On that note I will ALWAYS continue to have a good supply of Slow Cooker Liners on hand. I use my slow cooker several times a week and the Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners are totally worth it! (by the way they are BPA free!)

Thank you Cafemom and Reynolds!

MichelleSw
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I just used them tonight and WOWZA. I baked chicken with veggies. The chicken was falling apart and very juicy! They will be a constent for me... I need to get the slow cooker liners as well :) 

dressy3
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:00 PM

We are a big, busy family! I am a mom of 4 children ages 4,3,1,and 6 weeks and also a full time student. My husband is a full time student who also works a 45+ hour  a week job. Too say the lease the crock pot has became our families best friend! It is so simple and easy to just throw something in the pot and go about your day and then come home to a cooked meal! What could be better!! I will tell you! A simple, easy clean up for that simple, easy meal especially after a long day! The slow cooker liners from Reynolds do just that! They allow for a easy clean up. There is no soaking and scrubbing the slow cooker when using this product.

When i saw this product i was really excited. I love anything that will make my life a little easier(and less messier). I finally decided to try them tonight. I choose to make Chicken fajitas recipe(http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/reynoldskitchens/en/recipes/recipe_search.asp?Step=ShowRecipe&RecipeID=1151) from the Reynolds website. I always look for recipes that are easy and this one seemed to fit right in that category! After i gathered all the ingredients i set fourth eagerly to try out these new liners and see if they held up to the job they claimed. To be honest i was a little skeptical. I mean could these plastic liners really make that much of a difference.

I ignored the skeptic in me and proceeded on. The liner was really easy to put in and took no time at all. Once the food was in the pot i took one last look and walked away. A few hours later i came too take a peek( the delicious smell was calling me over). I stirred it a bit and just examined the liner a little. It was seeming to hold up perfectly but still had a few hours to go.

The timer  finally went off(Thank Goodness as i had 3 hungry little ones). I walked over to the pot and slowly lifted the lid to find a delicious meal and a liner that looked the same as when i put it in. It had not slid down any nor did it have any food stuck to it. It worked like a dream. After the meal had vanished(i have some little piggies and a hubby with a large appetite) i removed the liner with ease and threw it right into the trash can. The slow cooker looked as i had not used it at all! It was still very clean.

I am so impressed with the Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners and would reccommend them to anybody, especially to a fellow busy momma!! I  am definetly adding this awesome new product to my shopping cart!

srbeusk
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM
The slow cooker liners are so super easy peasy! I was really worried that it would just melt but it held up just fine! I wasn't able to make any of the available recipes because of financial restraints, but we made a mean pot of chili! (pics will be in other replies).

My son got to help put stuff in the pot but he was more concernes with playing outside in the dirt;) my mother in law helped though, as I've never made chili, lol.
And the clean up... Soooo easy!!! I only pull my slow cooker out once in a while because clean up is so rough. But I have 3 more bags so come payday I'll be doing pulled pork, and BBQ wings, and I even have a few dessert recipies I'll pull out...;-D
I will not only recommend these, I'll probably be adding them to my shopping list. I can't wait to get to enjoy my slow cooker more!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:13 PM

In the pot (I forgot prep pics)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Mmm good chili. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN