Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What's your favorite recipe to cook for the kids this time of year?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Reynolds Oven Bags and Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. All moms were asked to try a new recipe using the products they received. 

Check out what recipes our moms made! Then, click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Oven Bags and click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. 

As the kids head back to school, what do you like to serve them for dinner during the week?

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (251-260):
mallowcup17
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 7:29 AM

sorry this is late...

we used the slow cooker liners to make cheesy mashed potatoes. they came out so good and the cleanup was so easy. My DH was more then happy to not have to deep clean the slow cooker. Thank you CM and Reynolds!

ShirreeM
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Sorry this late!
With having a brand new preemie baby, time gets away with me.
Anyways, I received the oven bags and let me tell you, I am sold!!
I threw a roast with potatoes, carrots, and seasoning in the oven bag. The meat came out so tender and the veggies were so good with lots of flavor! I love, love the easy clean up. I can't wait to try new things to bake using these bags. My family and I give these bags two thumbs up and will definitely will be buying more!
Thank you for choosing me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I'm so sorry for the delay! I received my slow cooker liners and ended up making the baked ziti recipe that I found on the website. It was easy, and delicious, and clean up was SO easy! I will be using these whenever I use my crock pot from now on.

begamom
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Hi everyone! I received both the slow cooker liners and the oven bags. The slow cooker bags I used to make beans in. It was easy clean up! But the oven bags, I was not impressed with. I generally bake chicken in a pyrex glass dish and it comes out extremely tender and juicy. I did it with the oven bags and followed the directions. The chicken was dry! It was the same kind I always buy and bake with just the pyrex. I'm a bit disappointed in those :(

Thank you Cafemom and Reynold's for this opportunity!

Rushn311
by Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Sorry  this is sooo late!

I  cooked Chicken  Caesar which  I found on the website. It was very easy to make and  the chicken breasts came out so tender. It was a  little bland so I might add some more  spices next time I cook it. And the oven bags worked great!!! Thanks Cafemom!!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Sorry that this is a day late, but we ended up going away for a long weekend for my birthday and we just got back today.  Anyway, I'm Ticia, a SAHM from Pennsylvania.  I received both the Reynolds Oven Bags and Slow Cooker Liners. I was excited to give them both a try.  I tried out the oven bags first and I followed this recipe from the Reynolds website for the Homestyle Pot Roast: http://www.reynoldsovenbags.com/RDetails.aspx?id=338&cat=2. 

It was easy to prepare and it turned out really well.  Clean up was super easy.

Next I tried out the slow cooker liners which I loved.  I'm going to start using my slow cooker a lot more because of them.  They will make dinner on school nights so much easier and it will give me more time to spend with my daughter.  I made chicken cacciatore which turned out yummy!

Both meals turned out better than I expected!  I will definitely be adding these products to my shopping list.  I can't wait to try them with other recipes!

Barabell
by on Sep. 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM

We used both the Reynolds Oven Bag and the Slow Cooker Liner, and I have to say that we loved both of them. We made chicken in the oven bag, and it turned out terrrific. The clean up was so easy too! We made chili in the slow cooker, and it came out the same. But clean up was quick and easy.

We have a slow cooker where you can remove the inside and put it in the dish washer, but it takes up so much room. It is really much easier to use the liner, and it's probably more economical to be able to load more dishes into the washer.

With the chicken, sometimes we have to run pans used in the oven twice in the dishwasher (especially if we forget to soak the pans), but we did not have to do that with the bags. We were able to easily hand wash the dish. I really, really liked the bags, and I will definitely be keeping these stocked in our cubbard.

Maries_Mom23
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Sorry I'm so late in posting...I think everyone has been sick for three weeks! 

But, I was able to use both bags the last two days!  

Tuesday, I used the slow cooker liner for a recipe I found on Pinterest, called "The Best Danged Pot Roast."  Love the title!  I loved not having to scrub my slow cooker when I was done and it done nothing to the taste of my pot roast, everything was amazing and clean up was SO EASY!  I will definitely be buying these in the future, since I love using my slow cooker!

Yesterday, I used the oven bags.  Getting the oven bags from Reynolds and CM prompted me to do what our 8 year calls "mini Thanksgiving."  I bought a turkey breast and used the oven bag.  I put my turkey breast, chopped celery and onions and let it cook all day.  Again, no taste change, just a wonderful, juicy turkey breast and another easy clean up! 

Thanks CM and Reynolds!

myhandsomelove
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 2:01 PM

sorry this way late!!

I received the Reynolds oven bags, I made my version of Chilli Lime pork loin with them, it came out so juicy and tender also the potatoes I added came out good they marinaded in the juices of the pork and the spices i added to it. I loved using the bags it was an easy clean up after dinner just throw the bag out and that was it.

Thanks Cafemom and Reynolds for the opportunity to try these bad boys out!!!

daerca574
by Member on Sep. 22, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I made slow cooker ribs in mine.  The clean up was fantastic and so easy!  I also made crock pot corn for a pot luck and I had several people asking me about the bags. I will definately keep these in stock!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN