The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

What's your favorite recipe to cook for the kids this time of year?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Reynolds Oven Bags and Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. All moms were asked to try a new recipe using the products they received. 

Check out what recipes our moms made! Then, click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Oven Bags and click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. 

As the kids head back to school, what do you like to serve them for dinner during the week?

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (261-270):
kellynh
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 11:53 AM
We had a fantastic dinner!!! I have been on vacation and will be posting pics soon!! Talk about easy clean up. Made a roast and it was a breeze. I highly reccomend them!!!
LovesFredric
by Amanda on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM
that looks delicious!!!

Quoting SuperPickle:

Holding my spot! Cant wait to get them!

Hello everyone! I was chosen to review Slow Cooker Liners. I went through the suggested recipes but decided to strike out on my own because we have some special food needs.

I have to say I LOVE slow cooker liners. I have been using them for some time and I will NOT use my crock pot with out them!

For an easy school morning (and since we had just gone blackberry picking)we decided to make a recipe for Slow Cooker Blackberry Steel Cut Oats. It is SO simple and using Slow Cooker Liners make the clean up so easy.

Right before I sent my kids off to bed bed my kids and I threw in the ingredients. 

2 cups Steel Cut Oats

4 cups water

4 cups milk

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 tsp vanilla

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 cup ground flax

2 cups fresh black berries

Then right before I headed off to bed I set my cooker to low and turned in for the night.

In the AM , a quick stir and breakfast is READY!

As you can see here, the sides are rather sticky and it is TERRIBLE to try to scrub off a bare crock. I absoluetly wont make this kind of recipe without liners. The liners make the clean up so simple. 

Give them a scoop with some sliced almonds and a few more fresh berries and they have a filling breakfast that keeps them going all morning( or as my mom always says, sticks to your ribs)

On that note I will ALWAYS continue to have a good supply of Slow Cooker Liners on hand. I use my slow cooker several times a week and the Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners are totally worth it! (by the way they are BPA free!)

Thank you Cafemom and Reynolds!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovesFredric
by Amanda on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Impressive

Quoting splatz:

I am so excited to get these. I'm always happy to try out a new recipe! 

---

Sorry I took so long to get this posted. I was having trouble with the photo uploader the last few times I tried. I was chosen for the Reynolds Oven Bags. But, after hearing about the Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners I had to run out and grab some of those as well to try. 

I tried out the slow cooker liners first. I LOVED the fact that there was only a small amount of gunk left over in my crock pot after it cooking all day. That was mostly from the liner ripping. I think when I was tearing the chicken it must have thinned the bag in spots & caused it to leak. For the most part it looked like that only happened when I was trying to move it. I'm totally fine with cleaning up fresh spills in the crock pot though. Way better than the all day stuck on stuff. Anyways... I didn't remember to take after photos. (It wasn't one of the Reynolds recipes anyways.) But, I was really happy with how well the Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners worked out. overall I have a pretty large slow cooker so I was a bit skeptical on if the liner would actually fit. I believe my crock pot is 8 quarts. However it fit great and had room to spare!

Rosemary Smashed Potatoes

I received the Reynolds Oven Bags for the influencer. We decided to try the Rosemary Smashed Potatoes to go along with meatloaf one night. I was really thrilled with how well these worked. I HATE cleaning up olive oil. It was great being able to cook with olive oil and not have to worry about the clean up afterwards. The Rosemary Smashed Potatoes were really simple which is great! I am always in such a time crunch to cook dinner, help my oldest with homework, occupy my toddler, sit down as a family and eat, and then try to clean up as fast as physically possible while there is another adult around to help occupy the kids. I get to do all these fun things between 4pm when my son gets home from school and 6pm when my other half leaves for work for the night. Needless to say it gets a bit crazy. The Reynolds Oven Bags made my cleanup time considerably shorter. We felt like the recipe was a bit bland. It could be the fact that I am the only one that eats green onions in the house. So I skipped adding those to the recipe. The potatoes were still pretty good though. The biggest test was to see if my children would eat them. My oldest who is an extremely picky eater ate two helpings. And my toddler, as usual was not interested. That wasn't a big surprise though. Here are some photos I took of the Rosemary Smashed Potatoes:

Ready to go in the oven.

Fresh out of the oven:

Smashed & ready to eat:

The pickiest taste testers ever:

And the best part:

Thanks CM and Reynolds for choosing me as an influencer! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ultra_
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I DIDN'T GET TO POST IN TIME! 

We got the oven bags. My husband made some chicken and vegetables. It was really good and the vegetables and chicken came out very tender and juicy. Not dried out at all. The kids scarfed it down. The best part is the clean up. Instead of scrubbing a pan, we put away the leftovers, picked up the bag and threw it away. A BREEZE! We'll be doing it again and I recommend them. Thanks CM and Reynold's. <3

divamommao
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM

The slow cooker bags were wonderful. it was such an easy clean up will defiantly use them again and again. I made  beefstew with it.. Will defiantly reccomend these to family and friends.

Thank you cafe mom and reynolds.

Sorry I do not have pictures my camera is acting crazy..

Brdswmn81
by New Member on Sep. 28, 2012 at 12:07 AM

My favorite is a simple Philly Cheese beef or ground turkey lasagna. Brown 1lb hamburger meat or ground turkey to be healthier. Line a baking dish with canned cressant rolls. The large ones. Add diced white or red onion and diced bell pepper to taste to the meat. I usually do one red bell and one green bell and one red onion. Poor half of the mixture into the dish lined with cressant rolls. Completely cover the meat mixture with swiss or pepperjack cheese ( we like the pepperjack) . Poor remaining meat over the cheese. Cover the meat the same way as before and then cover that with another can of the large cressant rolls. Bake at 350 F until golden and flakey. Let cool a bit and omg it is so good! Start to finish it takes me about 35 minutes.

acnycmom
by on Sep. 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM

http://dofinousa.com/recipe/dofino-ham-n-havarti-hearties/

Super super simple, uses up every last leftover.  Melt it all together with havarti (it doesn't burn like cheddar and it's really mild, so my kids don't make that face...). If I don't have flatbread in the house I use pita.

4evasingle
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Sorry, never used oven bags or a slow cooker.

ethans_momma06
by Queen of Awesomeness on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I've really been serving a lot of mac and cheese...

dawnviola
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Anything sweet -- caramel apples, apple pie, but our favorite is adding pumpkin pie spices (nutmeg, clove, cinnamon) to my Blondies recipe.

-Dawn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)