The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

What's your favorite recipe to cook for the kids this time of year?

Posted by   + Show Post

We gave moms Reynolds Oven Bags and Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. All moms were asked to try a new recipe using the products they received. 

Check out what recipes our moms made! Then, click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Oven Bags and click here for ideas on how to cook with Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. 

As the kids head back to school, what do you like to serve them for dinner during the week?

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
KaylaMillar
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I received my slow cooker liners yesterday! I'm so excited that I got to try them. I have been wanting to for a while and just keep forgetting to get them at the store. 

So tonight i made my dinner and these thing rock! It was so easy. You line your crockpot, enjoy then meal, then toss away! AWESOME! 

othermom
by Danelle on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I was worried about that too. It is nice to see that clean up is so easy

Quoting LovesFredric:

That makes me a little nervous too! Glad it worked out so well for you though!!

Quoting SLTmom:

THIS, however, is my FAVORITE photo. This is what my pan looked like after cooking!! NOTHING!!!! There was just a bit of water on it from condensation, and, I still did wash it, (yes, anal about that), but a 2 minute, quick soap and water is so much better than soaking and scrubbing!! :-)

I was hesitant, I won't lie, about cooking in plastic (I mean, how safe is that really???), but there was no resudual odor or flavor on the food.

Thanks CM!!!

cjsmom1
by Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I used my bags to cook some ribs I had already taken out. These bags are amazing!!!

1. The ribs were cooked perfectly, they were tender and tasted amazing. This was not on of the recipes listed so you can cook anything in these
2. My favorite part was the easy clean up. I absolutely hate to do dishes, especially ones that leave me with a messy pan that will take some scrubbing to clean. All I had to do tonight was rinse the pan out because I just took the bag out and threw it in the trash.
3. I'll be using one of the recipes it comes with this weekend. I can't wait to try it.

cjsmom1
by Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:20 PM

It was also great because I didn't have to mix my ingredients in a bowl, I just mixed them in the bag. It saved me from doing several dishes tonight which is a huge plus for me.

cjsmom1
by Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I just got a slow cooker and I will definitely be buying the slow cooker bags.

kellynh
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Can't wait to get mine!!!
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:57 AM

My kid's favorites are some that I like to cook also-  this time of year I'll cook them hot dogs and hamburgs.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Sounds good!

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I am so excited to try them out!!

daerca574
by Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I do alot of crock pot meals.  We really enjoy short ribs in the slow cooker.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)