Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

What's your favorite vegetarian entree?

Posted by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'd love to hear what everyone considers their most prized vegetarian dish...

Lately, mine is roasted vegetables (whatever looks best at the market that day) over quinoa with toasted pinenuts and shallots.... it's delish!!!

by on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JohnnyCakes
by Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I don't know about prized, but Black bean soup is my favorite meatless dish :) 

adrianne7291
by Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Quoting JohnnyCakes:

I love black bean soup but I haven't come across one that I'm in love with yet. Where did you get your recipe from? Care to share with me? Please ;)

Sisteract
by Silver Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Homemade Pesto over brown rice pasta.

othermom
by Danelle on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I make spaghetti with no meat often

othermom
by Danelle on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

Homemade Pesto over brown rice pasta.

That sounds yummy

thehickinhickor
by Jessie on Sep. 7, 2012 at 2:54 AM
not really sure have to think about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Sep. 7, 2012 at 6:23 AM
Idk? But check either www.ehow.com or maybe Betty Crocker
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JohnnyCakes
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting adrianne7291:

Quoting JohnnyCakes:

I love black bean soup but I haven't come across one that I'm in love with yet. Where did you get your recipe from? Care to share with me? Please ;)

I pulled from a few different recipes and here's what I've come up with: 

1 lb dry black beans, sorted and soaked. I do a basic veggie stock - boil a few cups of water with a quartered onion, 1 or 2 stalks of celery with leaves, and a carrot until the veggies are limp. Dig the veggies out and toss them, then add your soaked beans and cover the rest of the way with water. Add a few tablespoons of beef base or sub salt. Add 1 onion, 1 green pepper, and 2 celery stalks, all diced. As for seasonings, roughly: 3-4 tbsp cumin, 1-2 tbsp garlic, 2 tbsp parsley, 1/2 to 1 tbsp ground mustard, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp cayenne, a few dashes worchestire. 

Once the soup is cooked through, usually an hour-ish, I take 1/3 of the pot and put it through the food processor.

We eat ours with sliced avacado, raw onion, and a squeeze of lime on top, and usually cornbread on the side. :) Makin' me hungry for black bean soup!!   

adrianne7291
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Quoting JohnnyCakes:

Quoting adrianne7291:

Quoting JohnnyCakes:

I pulled from a few different recipes and here's what I've come up with: 

1 lb dry black beans, sorted and soaked. I do a basic veggie stock - boil a few cups of water with a quartered onion, 1 or 2 stalks of celery with leaves, and a carrot until the veggies are limp. Dig the veggies out and toss them, then add your soaked beans and cover the rest of the way with water. Add a few tablespoons of beef base or sub salt. Add 1 onion, 1 green pepper, and 2 celery stalks, all diced. As for seasonings, roughly: 3-4 tbsp cumin, 1-2 tbsp garlic, 2 tbsp parsley, 1/2 to 1 tbsp ground mustard, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp cayenne, a few dashes worchestire. 

Once the soup is cooked through, usually an hour-ish, I take 1/3 of the pot and put it through the food processor.

We eat ours with sliced avacado, raw onion, and a squeeze of lime on top, and usually cornbread on the side. :) Makin' me hungry for black bean soup!!   

That looks delicious! Thank you! I'll be making that this weekend. :)

adrianne7291
by Member on Sep. 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Quoting powow65:

Idk? But check either www.ehow.com or maybe Betty Crocker

Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't thought of Betty Crocker.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement