Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

I need to cook a large amount of bacon and thought baking might be easier. Anyone here regularly bake bacon and can offer some advice?

Join us in the North Carolina Moms group!

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
SarrinaRaynne
by Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I bake it on a foil lined cookie sheet on 350 until it's crispy about 10min or so. I don't flip it at all . just put it in.. take it out and drain it when done .. crumple the foil and dispose of the mess with no elbow grease. Crispy bacon, bacon aroma therapy and no mess = Win!!

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I do takes longer but works better than stovetop for us. I use the electric griddle 99% of the time to get it exactly the way I want
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccab1966
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I do all the time.  400 degree oven, I line a big rimmed baking sheet with foil to control the mess.  Depends on the thickness of the bacon, but I start it at 10 minutes then keep checking on it.  SO much easier than frying!

godsgirl26
by ♥ Charmaine ♥ on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM
Never baked it. I stopped eating bacon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaybear123
by Kayla on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Nope...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaylonsmommy26
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Yes maam, it is easier and less messy, and u don't have ta worry about grease poppin you.

Mrs.Lexii
by New Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM
I do! It always turns out perfect. I make sure to line my pan with parchment for a non stick surface and easy cleanup.
nativepride1
by New Member on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

baked bacon is really good there is barley any grease which is so much better but alot more chrispy!

missbethanielei
by New Member on Sep. 15, 2012 at 3:09 PM
It's also not has greasy

Quoting othermom:

I'll have to try that. That would make it easier to make enough for every one

Quoting Strega:

I've always baked it. It's the best! What I do is line a Cookie Sheet with Aluminum Foil, set the Oven at 400º, and cook it for 6-7 minutes. Then I flip it, although you don't have to. I cook it for another 3-4 minutes.

It comes out perfectly every time.

To be honest, I don't really fry much of anything on the Stovetop. My Grilled Cheese is also baked in the Oven. Once you've had it that way, you'll never go back.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I have cooked it, its not hard at all. I sprinkle brown sugar on it as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN