The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Easy Chipotle Chicken Bake

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 35 Replies

I love recipes that take about 30 minutes or less to cook. When I'm stretched for time during the week, the last thing I want to do is spend time in the kitchen. So when I found this recipe for chipotle baked chicken, I wanted to try it right away. It took minutes to prepare and I already had most of the ingredients on hand.

Ingredients

• Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil
  • 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen yellow corn
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 3/4 cup chipotle flavored marinade, divided
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 to 1 1/4 lb.)

Southwest Dressing: combine 1/4 cup chipotle marinade with 1/2 cup light sour cream or Ranch dressing.

Garnish: whole or crushed tortilla chips, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, lime wedges, sliced green onions

Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with Reynolds Wrap® Aluminum Foil.

Combine black beans, corn, tomatoes and onion; season to taste. Add 1/2 cup chipotle marinade. Spoon into foil-lined pan.

Place chicken breasts on top of vegetables; season to taste. Spoon remaining 1/4 cup chipotle marinade on chicken breasts. Cover pan with a sheet of foil; crimp to seal edges.

To serve this meal as a salad, spoon black bean salsa over salad greens, top with diagonally sliced chicken strips, Southwest Dressing and garnishes. 

Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until chicken registers 170°F. on thermometer. Top with Southwest Dressing and garnish as desired.

Moms, what are your fastest go to meals for weeknights?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rushn311
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Something that I can cook in the oven and leave for awhile. I hate tending to meat for some reason. LOL I get these spices you put in a bag that is provided in the package....I usually have chicken in the gravy, or pork chops in a light gravy. It's so yummy and easy.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Our fastest meals might be brats or sloppy joes.

natesmom1228
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM

That looks great. I have some chicken thawed and I might have to make this tonight.

kellynh
by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM
Looks yummy!!!
natesmom1228
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I love making stir fry.

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Our fastest meal is some type of pasta.  Tonight I'll be making something with ground turkey since I have it thawed.

meglennox
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM

that sounds really good! saving this one! :)

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Crockpot meals are always great!

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Sounds good!
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM

sounds good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)