Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

pumpkin soup? I have pumpkin puree but don't know what to do with it and it was a thought 

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Replies (11-17):
Bradensmommy719
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:20 AM
Pumpkin mashed.potatoes are yummy. And pumpkin bread.

Really wish my manager would fix my heating element in my oven. I want to bake my pie pumpkin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:04 AM
No but I have seen a reciepe about pumpkin soup before.
Gl Hun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eustacejessica
by Jess on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM

No, I don't like pumpkin

salamandersmom
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM

No.  I have to tell you, I"m a really picky eater.  And there are a whole lotta things out there that just sound too "weird" for me to even think of trying.  Pumpkin (or squash) soup is one of them.  However, I will eat pumpkin or squash (has to be winter squash, you know, orange inside) just as a plain side dish with butter and some brown sugar.  I also love pumpkin pie.  You can use the regular winter squash (or yams) in place of pumpkin.  This is a hoot, because some of my kids won't eat squash or yams... and I have slipped these things by them time after time by using it in place of pumpkin in a pie, and they NEVER notice it, all they see is orange stuff in a pie shell, and yum, it's pumpkin pie.  Bwa-ha-ha-ha!! 

salamandersmom
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:30 PM

The pumpkin soup would not taste much - if any - different.  the only real variation would be the recipe they used to cook it.  If you made two pots from the same recipe, one with pumpkin and one with squash, you probably couldn't tell the difference at all. 

Quoting emilyrosenj:

No I haven't. I have had butternut soup, its good.

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Yeah that's what I was figuring, they are so close in consistency!

Quoting salamandersmom:

The pumpkin soup would not taste much - if any - different.  the only real variation would be the recipe they used to cook it.  If you made two pots from the same recipe, one with pumpkin and one with squash, you probably couldn't tell the difference at all. 

Quoting emilyrosenj:

No I haven't. I have had butternut soup, its good.

Margaret

Leelee1008
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 12:56 PM

nope, I dont like pumpkin but love to cook/bake with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement