Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

And have you used it in recipes?  I heard you can use it instead of sour cream.   I like the flavored Greek yogurt.  The plain I would have to add fruit or cereal to it.

Margaret

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I agree with the feel, I like that thicker texture.  I do like it with fruit though.  At the Greek restaraunt, they serve it with walnuts and honey, it's so good!!

Quoting ferne3:

For those who don't like regular yogurt - I don't either but I LOVE plain greek yogurt.  It is thicker and smoother.  I do use it instead of sour cream.  And it is full of protein so you feel full faster when you use it in recipes.  I don't dollop on top of things like sour cream, but more like a blend in replacement.  Rarely I will eat it with fruit and some honey.

Margaret

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

No.  I'd rather use sour cream.  The recipe that I used it in listed Greek yogurt as an ingredient, and that's the only reason I bought it.

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Did you use it in place of sour cream? I want to use it in recipes but I'm not sure where.

Quoting michiganmom116:

I'm not crazy about any yogurt.  I have used it in a recipe for salad dressing but I don't buy it to eat as is.

jimsonb73
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM
No tastes nasty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Greek yogurt.  I've never used it in recipes, though.  I usually eat plain Greek yogurt with a bit of honey or the pomegranate or peach ones.

LovesFredric
by Amanda on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I think sour cream. We're doing a 'trim your tailgate' event next month...so we'll see :)

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Oh that sounds interesting.  What would you use it in place of?

Quoting LovesFredric:

Yes, I do. I want to try it in a recipe. I am going to do a wellness activity with that at work and see if people can guess what I've changed in the recipe!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Sep. 27, 2012 at 6:13 AM
My Fave is the black cherry from chobani

Quoting taniamorse85:

I love Greek yogurt.  I've never used it in recipes, though.  I usually eat plain Greek yogurt with a bit of honey or the pomegranate or peach ones.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shelly126
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 2:38 PM
I love Greek yogurt with fruit, honey or granola. I have also made dressing and dip with it, and both came out great. I havent used it as a topping like sour cream on a baked potato but I would give it a try.
Godspitgrl
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

yes with granola, fruit, and honey

eustacejessica
by Jess on Sep. 30, 2012 at 5:06 PM

No. I've tried several different ways and I just can't do it.

ethans_momma06
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I havent ever really had it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN