Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Slow Cooker Recipes Wanted For Winter Months !!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I just got a brand new crock pot and have only ever made a pot roast in it.  I would like to be able to cook more meals in it, especially since winter is coming; something nice and hearty.  Can anyone help me with any suggestions?

by on Sep. 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Hafsa1
by Member on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:57 PM
I wish I still had the program that have me the recipe...12yrs ago. I usually double the sauce so there is extra to cost the chicken and go on rice. Don't be afraid to test the sauce before adding it to the pot, add more mustard or less sugar, go with what you like. I'll look forward to see how it turns out :)

Quoting nsanti:

Thanks---this sounds really good--I will try it this week and let you know how it came out :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MUSICLADY01
by New Member on Sep. 30, 2012 at 1:18 AM

i would also love some crock pot recipes. thanks to all, toni

eustacejessica
by Jess on Sep. 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I like to cook a lot of stews and soups in my crock pot during the winter months

ethans_momma06
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:02 PM

This is great!

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM
A taste of home crockpot cook book I have one there are tons of recipies in it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bitemebetty
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:27 AM
Chicken parm comes out really well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM

This sounds delicious, thanks for the recipe!

Quoting Hafsa1:

Deviled chicken is really good.

Saute onions and chopped carrots in a pan with oil. Once onions are tender, add chicken and slightly brown on each side (do not cook through, just the outside to get some color). Remove chicken and place in crockpot but leave drippings in pan. To the drippings, Add 1tbsp brown sugar, 1tbsp worcestershire, 5tbsp dijon mustard, 1tbsp honey, salt and pepper and 1cup of water. Simmer for about 5 minutes and then add to crockpot, cook until chicken is done.

unfortunately I'm guessing on all the measurements since I usually eyeball it and add some extra later to adjust to my taste. you may want to look up a recipe if not too comfortable with going with mine :) I usually serve this with or on rice.

Margaret

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I have made pulled pork. It is sooo super easy.

All you do is buy a pork roast, add a bottle of root beer and cook it in your crockpot for about 6-7 hours. Then drain out the root beer and pull your pork apart (it should basically just fall apart) and add an entire bottle of bbq sauce and cook for another hour.

It is awesome!

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Chili

roast, potatoes, carrots, onions

pulled pork

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement