Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Cleaning an oven is not easy. In fact, on the list of household chores, it ranks right up there with cleaning the bathroom (at least for me). So, to save myself time, I line the bottom of our oven with tinfoil. This is such an easy step. Not only does it catch drips, but also keeps spills from scorching and baking on to the oven.

Change once a week or as often as you need depending on how much you use the oven.  I cannot tell you how handy this is during pie baking season, because there's nothing worse than setting off your own smoke alarm. I think we've all been there.

Moms, what are your favorite kitchen short cuts?

by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-55):
KristinRox
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 7:51 AM

The are just called foil burner liners. You can find them on amazon. 

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Quoting KristinRox:

I buy the little inserts that are made of foil for the stove top. They work great. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

My mom used to line the stove top burner things with foil.  I don' do that but I do have one of those plastic covers to put over food in the microwave so it doesn't splatter all over. 

What are those called?  I would love to buy them for our stove.  Our drip pans are so hard to keep clean!  

JOIN US ON:

Shelly126
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Quoting Jaybo:

My top wall oven has the option of convect or regular bake & according to the manual, because the oven is both, foil can't be used on the floor of the oven, but it can be used on my lower wall oven as it's bake/roast only. 

As for my tip. I do pork chops and chicken in the oven, rather than fry. I place an oblong cookie cooling rack on top of an oblong cookie sheet thats been lined with foil, and put the pork chops or chicken on the cookie rack (that has been sprayed with cooking spray), and broil or bake the meat. Having the cookie rack as a "grid" saves the meat from laying directly on the cookie sheet & soaking up grease, and having the cookie sheet lined with foil saves having to clean the cookie sheet afterwards.

I saw that tip on food network a few years back, I don't remember what show it was but I have been doing that ever since and it really does work great! I have also been using foil on the bottom of my stove for years, my mom told me to do that when I first got married.
Momtogirls0823
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Thank you!  :)

Quoting KristinRox:

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Quoting KristinRox:

I buy the little inserts that are made of foil for the stove top. They work great. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

My mom used to line the stove top burner things with foil.  I don' do that but I do have one of those plastic covers to put over food in the microwave so it doesn't splatter all over. 

What are those called?  I would love to buy them for our stove.  Our drip pans are so hard to keep clean!  

I am a busy working mom to two very active girls.  I love my kids, play on the floor in the fort with them, take them to the park, and love them always!  I can't imagine life without them!

school bus       school bus

KristinRox
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 3:22 PM

No problem at all. I hope they work out for you:0)

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Thank you!  :)

Quoting KristinRox:

Quoting Momtogirls0823:

Quoting KristinRox:

Quoting countrygirlkat:

JOIN US ON:

powow65
by Kimmy the new cook on Oct. 15, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Cool! Idk that!
Tyvm for the info!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement