Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Cleaning an oven is not easy. In fact, on the list of household chores, it ranks right up there with cleaning the bathroom (at least for me). So, to save myself time, I line the bottom of our oven with tinfoil. This is such an easy step. Not only does it catch drips, but also keeps spills from scorching and baking on to the oven.

Change once a week or as often as you need depending on how much you use the oven.  I cannot tell you how handy this is during pie baking season, because there's nothing worse than setting off your own smoke alarm. I think we've all been there.

Moms, what are your favorite kitchen short cuts?

by on Sep. 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
elasmimi
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I put my oven racks in a large lawn and leaf bag along with undiluted amonia, and put it outside overnight. I know the fumes are horrible, but the greas and grime just slide off the next day.

KristinRox
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I buy the little inserts that are made of foil for the stove top. They work great. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

My mom used to line the stove top burner things with foil.  I don' do that but I do have one of those plastic covers to put over food in the microwave so it doesn't splatter all over. 

JOIN US ON:

dusky_rose
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:05 PM

If you put a cookie sheet under your pie, that catches the drips also,

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

thehickinhickor
by Jessie on Oct. 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM
i have always done that lol i hate cleaning the oven the lest cleaning i have to do the better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM

yeah that is a good idea...will have to do that too

TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM
We have always done that. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:01 PM
I never clean it. That's hubby's Job. Even when I was the one to spill a whole pumpkin pie in the oven. Lol

Quoting thehickinhickor:

i have always done that lol i hate cleaning the oven the lest cleaning i have to do the better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheBabyFactory4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM
We do that too

Quoting KristinRox:

I buy the little inserts that are made of foil for the stove top. They work great. 

Quoting countrygirlkat:

My mom used to line the stove top burner things with foil.  I don' do that but I do have one of those plastic covers to put over food in the microwave so it doesn't splatter all over. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyTeki
by on Oct. 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Ooo I'm going to have to do that!
My only good tip is for the microwave. Put a bowl of water in for a couple minutes, then wipe clean
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ethans_momma06
by on Oct. 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Easy-Off. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement