Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Do you cook whole turkeys...

Posted by   + Show Post

other than for holidays?

I think I'm going to cook a turkey so I can freeze parts of it for soup and other dishes.

Margaret

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
ethans_momma06
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM

No, not really

bertie4
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Only holidays.

gmadiane
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:14 PM

usually just holidays

babynurse454
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM
Yes! My dh puts a turkey in the smoker every 4 th of July! Absolutely Delicious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
salamandersmom
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, we just had one.  Though of course it was because our middle son was home from the Army for leave, and we had a family gathering.  DS won't be able to be home for the holidays, so we thought we'd have a holiday dinner now while he is here. 

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM

No we have not.

JudyAnnMomof4
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Sure,when it is easy to find and affordable

Flaca43
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:55 PM
No we don't, but sounds good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Yes.  I get a free turkey every November from an aunt.   Her family gets several free turkeys from the places they work, and they keep one and give away the extras to family.  I just cook it up, portion it, and use it for various meals.  We usually have some turkey left in the freezer well into the next year.  Also, we go to the same aunt's house for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we don't have to cook our own turkey.  We just get the benefit of the meals, plus leftovers!

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM
That's great!

Quoting taniamorse85:

Yes.  I get a free turkey every November from an aunt.   Her family gets several free turkeys from the places they work, and they keep one and give away the extras to family.  I just cook it up, portion it, and use it for various meals.  We usually have some turkey left in the freezer well into the next year.  Also, we go to the same aunt's house for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, so we don't have to cook our own turkey.  We just get the benefit of the meals, plus leftovers!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN