Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

Breakfast Ideas Needed!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM
  • 28 Replies

Hi all :)  I'm quickly running out of breakfast items to serve my son on our busy weekday mornings.  There are only so many things one can do with a frozen waffle!  On the weekends, I have more time to create something healthy and delicious, but during the week, we have to be out of the house by 7am to make it to preschool/work on time. 

Anyone have any quick, but yummy & healthy breakfast ideas?  Luckily, my son isn't too picky of an eater.  Thanks!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Check out Mr Breakfast.com for some great ideas

michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:09 AM
I make a lot of frittatas and freeze them, then let them thaw the night before and reheat for breakfast. They're so versatile! Our latest favorite is a pizza frittata.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM
How about making breakfast pizzas using English muffins, country gravy mix for sauce, topped with sausage or ham, bell peppers (optional), and cheese? These also freeze well and can easily be reheated.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:10 AM
yogurt with fruit and granola
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:11 AM
oatmeal (not instant) takes only a minute in the microwave for quick oats, 1 minute 15 seconds for old fashioned. Top with a variety of fruit, spices, syrup, or even peanut butter and jam.
sunshineeli
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Thank you all SO much!!!  I'm going to try all of these!

ethans_momma06
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Love these suggestions. An egg wrap is pretty quick and easy.

elijahsmama09
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I make pancakes, waffles and french toast from scratch and just wrap and freeze. If someone is hungry they just take one out and heat it up. I also do this with breakfast burritos. Eggs with tons of veggies. I make a lunch version with chicken, veggies and salsa. This way I can make to go food for pennies. For me, I dont eat breads or tortillas. But I heat up an breakfast buritto, and eat the filling with a yogurt. Yum!

othermom
by Danelle on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM

muffins, biscuts and gravy, cereal, oatmeal with fruit are a few that I like to do

othermom
by Danelle on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Quoting elijahsmama09:

I make pancakes, waffles and french toast from scratch and just wrap and freeze. If someone is hungry they just take one out and heat it up. I also do this with breakfast burritos. Eggs with tons of veggies. I make a lunch version with chicken, veggies and salsa. This way I can make to go food for pennies. For me, I dont eat breads or tortillas. But I heat up an breakfast buritto, and eat the filling with a yogurt. Yum!

Great ideas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement