The Family Piggy Bank

Planning for your family's future

Group Home

Hi all :)  I'm quickly running out of breakfast items to serve my son on our busy weekday mornings.  There are only so many things one can do with a frozen waffle!  On the weekends, I have more time to create something healthy and delicious, but during the week, we have to be out of the house by 7am to make it to preschool/work on time. 

Anyone have any quick, but yummy & healthy breakfast ideas?  Luckily, my son isn't too picky of an eater.  Thanks!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Replies (21-28):
salamandersmom
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Here's what I would do...  On the weekend, when you have more time, make several batches of muffins.  Bake.  cool.  Wrap each one individually in plastic wrap.  Label (so you know what you're getting.  Put in the freezer.  in the morning, choose your muffin.  Unwrap.  Microwave until thawed and warm.  Presto.  warm breakfast. 

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM

We like to make muffins on the weekend for the week ahead. Also whenever I make waffles I make extra & freeze them. 

sanj1213
by Juanita on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Sweet potato muffins are different and easy to make. And you just reheat them when ready.
LOswald0314
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I pre make and freeze breakfast burritos for a month at a time. I make them how each of us likes (spicy, no sausage, etc), then put initials on the wrapper and pop them in the freezer.

LOswald0314
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:51 PM

This too!

Quoting salamandersmom:

Here's what I would do...  On the weekend, when you have more time, make several batches of muffins.  Bake.  cool.  Wrap each one individually in plastic wrap.  Label (so you know what you're getting.  Put in the freezer.  in the morning, choose your muffin.  Unwrap.  Microwave until thawed and warm.  Presto.  warm breakfast. 

Threes.Company
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:07 AM

My mother-in-law does an awesome breakfast casserole.  You can prepare it the night before and then pop it in the oven in the morning.  Leftovers even taste awesome and it makes a lot!  Do you want the recipe?

sunshineeli
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Thank you, Threes.Company!  I would love the recipe!  I'm always looking for new recipes to add to my collection.

LOVE_mygirls58
by Kayla on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:35 AM

eggs

toast

yogurt and fruit

Oatmeal 

french toast

breakfast burrito

crepes

breakfast sandwich *like a homemade egg mcmuffin*

fruit salad

Muffins

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)