Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

planning to get a second dishwasher...... do you think it is unnecessary?

Posted by   + Show Post
we have a big family and most of the time there are dishes/pots in the sink. we cook a lot and we got 5 kids ages 15-1 year old. I'm so tired. I don't know if having 2 dishwashers would help keep things in order.any inputs? pls?
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Replies (41-47):
eustacejessica
by Jess on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I would make the older kids help first and then decide if another dishwasher is what my family needs

Sisteract
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Do what you need to do to make life easier.

boshs1andonly
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

there were six of us, and we only had one. when we were a little older, the four of us rotated between cleaning the kitchen and other rooms of the house. i don't think a second one is neccessary.

Threes.Company
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

If you need it...  I have to run mine sometimes twice a day with 2 adults and 3 kids.  So I think if we had 5 kids we could use a second one.

Kmakksmom
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 5 kids and we do just fine with one dishwasher.  We did just fine with no dishwasher either.  Now that our kids are older *13, 12, 11, 10, and 4* one of their chores is to rinse off their own dishes after they use them and put them in the dishwasher. 

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM

There were 5 kids in my mom's family and no dishwasher other than the kids. We all took turns. Instead of getting a second dishwasher, if you don't want the kids to do any hand dish washing, run your dishwasher more often.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I have four kids and I hate to wash dishes by hand and I rarely do unless it's something that can't go in the dishwasher.  I just try to keep the dishes washed before they pile up too high.  Sometimes that means washing two or three loads a day.  If you have room for an extra dishwasher and it would help you out, I say go for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN