Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

slow cooker???

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:49 AM
  • 12 Replies

I'm going to be buying my first slow cooker, I want to spend less than $75. Can anyone suggest one?

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Depends on how you are going to use it. Some have built in timers. I'm a sahm so I really don't need that feature. Size is something to consider also. I actually have 3 different sizes.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Figure out what size will work for you. I have a large 1 for roasts and a small 1 for pastas, etc. Neither of mine cost anywhere near $75. They are both pretty basic but they work great.

othermom
by Danelle on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I have a hamilton beach one that is pretty good

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Mine is a 6qt Hamilton Beach one that came from Kohls. It was on sale for $12 when I got it.
Mazi184
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Walmart has the big ole crockpots for 16 dollars.
It's the same one I have, love it, works great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bergencounty
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I have a RIVAL, been using  it for years.Has low, high and off setting.

Don't know how many features you are looking for. Here's one with it's  own tote: http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/kitchen/electrics/cookers_steamers/slow_cookers/PRD~1198003/CrockPot+25qt+Classic+Slow+Cooker+with+Travel+Bag.jsp

sanj1213
by Juanita on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I have two, a small one and a big one. Not sure of the brand, not home to check, but I know for sure both of them were under $75.
emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Same here, I mostly use the big one for roasts and beans.

Quoting goddess99:

Figure out what size will work for you. I have a large 1 for roasts and a small 1 for pastas, etc. Neither of mine cost anywhere near $75. They are both pretty basic but they work great.

Margaret

elasmimi
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM

I have three, one was a gift and was probably very expensive, but it doesn't work any better than the other two. If you need all the timers and stuff, it might be a little more expensive, but I'd just start with a medium sized basic one.

clp0930
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 5:46 AM

I was definitely thinking fo a 6qt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement