Mexican Sloppy Joes from the Pillsbury site!
- cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- tablespoons Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- cup shredded Cheddar-Jack with jalapeño peppers cheese blend (4 oz)
- egg, beaten
- tablespoon cornmeal
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll both cans of dough on work surface; press into two 12x8-inch rectangles. Cut into total of 8 rectangles.
- 2In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked. Stir in taco seasoning mix and salsa; simmer 5 minutes. Spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of 1 dough rectangle. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold rectangle over to form triangle; press edges with fork to seal. Place on cookie sheet. Brush with egg; sprinkle with cornmeal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 3Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
Be careful when you seal the edges of these baked sandwiches. Make sure no filling is at the pastry edges, so you get a tight seal, and none of your tasty filling leaks out!
- of ingredients7
- prep time25 Min
- total time40 Min