Inside the Kitchen

Your guide to creating meal magic every day - from cooking to baking to entertaining for any occasion.

Group Home

I need help finding a good recipe

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

My daughter and I are going to make halloween cupcakes tomorrow. Thing is I don't want your everyday halloween cupcakes I want something maybe a little diffrent. Anyone have any suggestions for a cupcake recipe from scratch? Thanks

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sweet_Carol_126
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I usually use a cake mix instead of from scratch.  Look on FamilyFunMagazine.com which is Disney as they often have neat haloween recipes.  Might wantto look up "Hello Cupcake" and see some recipes and decorations.  Seems like I have seen ghost cookies stuck in a cupcake and decorated. Just input Halloween Recipes and see what comes up.  Good luck.

othermom
by Danelle on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I don't make them from scratch usually

charlene_kyle
by Charlene on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I do not make them from scratch.

Schleetle
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Pumpkin cake. Use about 1/2c pumpkin, 1 1/2c flour, 1/2c sugar, 1tbsp maple syrup (optional), 1tsp baking soda, 1/2tsp salt, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg. You optionally can add in dried fruit, choc chips, nuts, mushed banana, or a couple tbspoons of applesauce if you like. In a bowl combine flour, spices, and baking soda. In a separate large bowl add pumpkin (and any other mashed fruit if using) stir in baking soda, add maple syrup (or other flavor extract if you want), sugar, stir until well mixed. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix well, and if you want you can taste to see if you want more spice since there are no raw eggs to worry about. Bake in oven at 350 start checking around 15minutes until cupcakes pass the knife test. They are good with cream cheese icing, cinnamon buttercream icing, or vanilla frosting with seasalt and caramel.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eustacejessica
by Jess on Oct. 14, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I normally use a regular cake recipe and cut the cooking time way down.

busy_momma2
by New Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Thank you

Godspitgrl
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM

n ocupcakes here :(

emilyrosenj
by Margaret on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Haven't worked up to cupcakes yet...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
overcame52
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Hi busy-try high end box mix & put a mini-Reeses in the middle. Wonderful when they melt into the batter
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN